+1

WSM Wear Rings - Thoughts?

I am in need of a wear ring for my RFI pump for my XP. Please don't ask why.....

Anyway, I can get a WSM one for $15 less than an OEM one from a local guy. Opinions would be appreciated.

+1
    why?

yes i am a smart-ass

shooter recommended a wsm for my xpl if that matters.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 785xp View Post
    I am in need of a wear ring for my RFI pump for my XP. Please don't ask why.....

Anyway, I can get a WSM one for $15 less than an OEM one from a local guy. Opinions would be appreciated.
    The WSM ring is JUNK! Spend the money for the OEM sea-doo one.

The WSM ring is to thick. The prop was so tight that even trying to "cut" it in the water did not work. It started spinning the ring in the pump housing. When back to OEM ring and it was prefect!

-BT

+1
    The guy that I spoke to has a couple of them and just installed one himself. He did say that they were for "racers" and that the prop was really tight. The owner of WSM told him to use silicone spray lube. Yep, that is why I posted here. The same guy is wanting to race me cause he just installed an X11 Solas and his ski is kickin ass.

+1
    WSM's fit is inconsistant. Some fit tight & some loose. I've had a few & ended up going to OEM. The material seemed to rough up easier than OEM too.

+1
    WSM thats what the top dogs use, BT is no top dog, he's a yamaha lover now. I've ran WSM in my ski, I put an oem one in there and it ate it up within a month or two. I put a WSM and that wear ring has been on that ski for over 2 years now. Everybody has an opinion, I think all wear rings are good enough. Just that the WSM 98xpl wear ring is the tougher out of all of them, but then thats just my opinion. Buy what ya want.
    SHOOTER

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter98xpl View Post
    WSM thats what the top dogs use, BT is no top dog, he's a yamaha lover now. I've ran WSM in my ski, I put an oem one in there and it ate it up within a month or two. I put a WSM and that wear ring has been on that ski for over 2 years now. Everybody has an opinion, I think all wear rings are good enough. Just that the WSM 98xpl wear ring is the tougher out of all of them, but then thats just my opinion. Buy what ya want.
    SHOOTER
    Top dogs with Sea-doo's run Skat Mag pumps and don't worry about little plastic pumps and parts! -BT

+1
    ummm thats why my untuned plastic pump setup whooped up on a skat pump race ski setup, hmmmm.
    Bring your yami to LKN, we need to race'em. Hope you got that beast to at least 76 mph, you going to need it.
    SHOOTER

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter98xpl View Post
    ummm thats why my untuned plastic pump setup whooped up on a skat pump race ski setup, hmmmm.
    Bring your yami to LKN, we need to race'em. Hope you got that beast to at least 76 mph, you going to need it.
    SHOOTER

SHOOTER, Thought you was coming over to Goose's house to do some racing? We all got some good races going Saturday evening! I was going to show how a midget can hole-shot!

I guess its easier for you to just keyboard race

Thread Information