Thread: Sharp's Marina

Thumbs up Sharp's Marine

I Just wanted to write a quick kudos for Sharps. I sent my blown motor in to let them rebuild it(Thanks to everyone on here that helped me with it!). Talking with Richie was great - he's like the Yoda of Polaris. After speaking to Richie a few times, I swear I have pages of notes written down of things to check and do on my ski to ensure I don't have the same problem again. He is incredibly researched in his knowledge and cares very much about what he does. And to that I want to give Richie & family at Sharp's a big "THANK YOU!"

Sincerly,

Dan
    Last edited by vanlohd; 06-14-2007 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Changed "Marina" to "Marine"

Quote Originally Posted by vanlohd View Post
    I Just wanted to write a quick kudos for Sharps. I sent my blown motor in to let them rebuild it(Thanks to everyone on here that helped me with it!). Talking with Richie was great - he's like the Yoda of Polaris. After speaking to Richie a few times, I swear I have pages of notes written down of things to check and do on my ski to ensure I don't have the same problem again. He is incredibly researched in his knowledge and cares very much about what he does. And to that I want to give Richie & family at Sharp's a big "THANK YOU!"

Sincerly,

Dan
    Did you go with a basic rebuild or something bigger? What size motor was this and how much did the whole rebuild cost? Good to hear theres a trusted shop out there for rebuilds if I ever need it.

http://sharpsmarine.com/

Quote Originally Posted by rickreeves1 View Post
    Did you go with a basic rebuild or something bigger? What size motor was this and how much did the whole rebuild cost? Good to hear theres a trusted shop out there for rebuilds if I ever need it.

http://sharpsmarine.com/
    I have a '95 & '96 SLX 780. I pulled and tore down the motor for my '95 and found I had fried pistons, cylinders needed boring & a questionable crank. After CrazyA replied to a few of my posts on here & I called Richie on the phone, I cleaned everything up & sent it off to Sharp's. Richie even went out of his way to explain the best packing method for sending the motor to Sharp's to ensure my motor would survive shipping.(last time I got it back it was tossed in a carboard box - the crank was sticking through the side of the box by the time I got it back . I had dropped it off in person. )

They inspected everything & Richie advised me on what needed to be done. Richie didn't really indicate the crank had to be rebuilt but I knew it had a mutt-mix of parts on it. When Sharp's rebuilds a crank they replace everything with new, not just the components that need replacing. I had them rebuild the crank so I knew it would be ok. I also had them button up the motor for me.

As much fun as doing a performance rebuild would have been, I just did a standard rebuild. As I told Richie, I wasn't looking for a high-strung high-performance ski. I just wanted something built up to last for family fun.

Thread Information