f12 flashing oil light??

ive got an 03 f12x ive been trying fix, flasking oil. ive replaced the high and low switch, changed and checked oil level. checked starter solenoid bolts( per honda bulliten) checked battery terminals. still flashing.

the last f12x i did (i work at a shop) replaced all that and pulled the motor replaced oil press relief valve(per honda) didnt fix it.. then i replaced wiring harness and battery positive terminal(also per honda) no more flashing oil light. i really dont feel like replacing wire harnesses on every flashing oil light honda.. anyone had this problem and what was the fix for yours?? im not having fun with hondas between flashing oil lights and all the turbo issues with the wage gate controller and map sensor... i work at a shop in florida so alot of it has to do with salt water getting into connectors im sure, but ive checked connections ands put dielectric grease everywhere, no help..
    any help out there?

I build Horsepower
    +1
    pretty common problem on the WGS. check the FAQ here for my quick check next time you get one in.

The high pressure oil switch is grounded when triggered Normally open when not. use a ohm meter to check, the harness would have a short somewhere if the switch checks good

The Low pressure switch triggers the ECU so same thing but ohm out the harness at the ECU. replace as necessary.basic stuff.

Shawn

+1
    Hey Buddy. Just a little question on the oil light problem.Was the replacement lower harness the cure for this problem? I have an 06 F12x G-scape that seemed to have a bad connection in the fuse box. Some times it would start and other times it wouldn't.Also the oil light was flashing all the time with correct amount of oil in engine. I ended up replacing a fuse in the lower harness fuse box( although the old fuse wasn't broken) and it has started every time and the oil light went away for the last 6 hoursof ride time. I might add before I replaced the fuse.. if I pulled the harness wires(right at the fuse box) upwards or towards the battery I would hear the ignition (fuel pump activate)come on and it would start.Without pulling wires like I did -No ignition-This is how I figured out maybe a bad fuse connection in that area.
    Anyway I'd like to know if your new harness fixed the oil light problem . I have a feeling this may cure both the oil light prob and my ignition problem as of right now. It wont start again and oil light is back on. New fuse is not helping.Thanks in advance man

Quote Originally Posted by faster7581 View Post
    ive got an 03 f12x ive been trying fix, flasking oil. ive replaced the high and low switch, changed and checked oil level. checked starter solenoid bolts( per honda bulliten) checked battery terminals. still flashing.

the last f12x i did (i work at a shop) replaced all that and pulled the motor replaced oil press relief valve(per honda) didnt fix it.. then i replaced wiring harness and battery positive terminal(also per honda) no more flashing oil light. i really dont feel like replacing wire harnesses on every flashing oil light honda.. anyone had this problem and what was the fix for yours?? im not having fun with hondas between flashing oil lights and all the turbo issues with the wage gate controller and map sensor... i work at a shop in florida so alot of it has to do with salt water getting into connectors im sure, but ive checked connections ands put dielectric grease everywhere, no help..
    any help out there?

Quote Originally Posted by NitroShark View Post
    pretty common problem on the WGS. check the FAQ here for my quick check next time you get one in.

The high pressure oil switch is grounded when triggered Normally open when not. use a ohm meter to check, the harness would have a short somewhere if the switch checks good

The Low pressure switch triggers the ECU so same thing but ohm out the harness at the ECU. replace as necessary.basic stuff.

Shawn
    So NitroShark
    If I ohm out the high pressure switch and it ohms out as a dead short then the switch is bad?
    And now the ski is in limp mode as soon as it starts could that be the high pressure switch as well?
    Thanks in advance.

Thread Information