Thread: 1st service

1st service

OK, so I have just over 5 hours on my 250. Next week I will be heading out to Lake Havasu for 6 days. I will definitely be putting on more than 5 hours which is when the first service is supposed to be done. Should I get it done early or wait until after? I guess I can get it done there if I need to but don't want to risk a dealer not knowing what to do.

I think it is just checking the SC belt tension and an oil change that needs to be done on the first service (going off memory). I have seen people saying the belt tension has been good up to 20 hours in.

Any ideas?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BC18471 View Post
    OK, so I have just over 5 hours on my 250. Next week I will be heading out to Lake Havasu for 6 days. I will definitely be putting on more than 5 hours which is when the first service is supposed to be done. Should I get it done early or wait until after? I guess I can get it done there if I need to but don't want to risk a dealer not knowing what to do.

I think it is just checking the SC belt tension and an oil change that needs to be done on the first service (going off memory). I have seen people saying the belt tension has been good up to 20 hours in.

Any ideas?
    If you can get it done early I would. I think getting the breakin oil changed is the most important part. Gets rid of the metal pieces from breakin.

If you need to have something done in Havasu, I've had good luck with Walt's. Bought our 250x and a Rhino there. My dealings with their service dept has been good.

And 6 days there, nice!

The manual doesn't say to change the oil until 25 hours.

My mechanic said there is no reason to bring it in at 10 hrs. the first oil is at 25 like said and the belt or any other screws have not really had enough time and tear to break down. I'm going to pre-emptive the 25 hr maintenance and get everything down around 20.

IMHO I would have the ski service. CYA thing! I was in the same situation you were and I had my done. They check everything out and changed the oil. Word to the wise; Check the oil because my dealer overfilled mine. It gave me a piece of mind. Also, this is my first ski and I wanted to make sure I could enjoy my ski without any problems cropping up. Bottom line is; exceeding any maintenance requirements always works in your behalf when dealing with warrantee issues. Also, if a hose comes loose, I have the dealer to hold accountable. My 2 cents…

Quote Originally Posted by need4speed View Post
    IMHO I would have the ski service. CYA thing! I was in the same situation you were and I had my done. They check everything out and changed the oil. Word to the wise; Check the oil because my dealer overfilled mine. It gave me a piece of mind. Also, this is my first ski and I wanted to make sure I could enjoy my ski without any problems cropping up. Bottom line is; exceeding any maintenance requirements always works in your behalf when dealing with warrantee issues. Also, if a hose comes loose, I have the dealer to hold accountable. My 2 cents…
    Its true. Changing the oil can't hurt it unless it gets overfilled.

I will be in Havasu Landing, not in the city unfortunately. I need to go to the dealership this weekend anyway...so I might have it done. I am guessing I will be putting about 15-20 hours on it between me and my family riding it, so I would rather be safe than sorry. I have checked the oil level and it seemed fine, but it is hard to see. Also, I am one of the lucky ones that has not had the exhaust hose pop off...yet. I will have them take a look at that and tighten it while I am there. Thanks for the help, it is much appreciated!

Thread Information