Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Rookie SC question on spring washers

Hey guys stupid question.I have never rebuilt a SC yet and am going to attempt it .I ordered the sping washers from seadoo and was woundering if you only put 1 in ..I see were you have to shim the washers.are they shims or do you use 2 spring washers.thanks for any help

Scott

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Hey guys stupid question.I have never rebuilt a SC yet and am going to attempt it .I ordered the sping washers from seadoo and was woundering if you only put 1 in ..I see were you have to shim the washers.are they shims or do you use 2 spring washers.thanks for any help

Scott

you swap out all 5...

talk with Steve, he'll show you how...

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post

Scott
    Scott i dont know if this answers your question but i beleive that you get 5 and you replace all 5 that are on ure sc not just one. Shims are when u dont buy new spring washers and all you do is add one shim to ure existing spring washers which will bring you back up to proper slip. but overall it is better to change out all the washers.

Quote Originally Posted by ReDevilRXP View Post
    Scott i dont know if this answers your question but i beleive that you get 5 and you replace all 5 that are on ure sc not just one. Shims are when u dont buy new spring washers and all you do is add one shim to ure existing spring washers which will bring you back up to proper slip. but overall it is better to change out all the washers.
    Zackly! IF you got the tools snoman it aint chit to change em out. IF you want to take a ride up my way, I will be glad to show ya.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post
    IF you want to take a ride up my way, I will be glad to show ya.
    or meet half way at "Da Prop Shop"....I'll be home all weekend.

+1
    Danny,Steve,Matt
    I have to pull it out yet(that didnt sound right)Probley in a couple weeks.
    This weekend my wife and I are going to see Godsmack,She got me backstage passes for fathers day.then Sunday we are going to the Dunes,Next weekend we have a wedding to go to.was hopeing to make it to Marios but its not lookin good.then the following weekend i can pull them out.Steve can you tell me are the washers 5 some dollars for 1 or all 5 of them.The dealer is telling me they are 5.73 a peice but on the website it shows 5.73 for a quantity of 5. Danny if I cant make it up to Steves or if you want to take a ride up there let me know ill let you guys know in a few days..Im gonna get the tools from Jerry this week but i would like to watch you guys first so i can acually see it done .Thanks guys Got to get this thing back to peak performance.Have a guy at work bought a brand new RXP states hes gonna beat my ass cause the dealer told him it will do 70-75 stock..Thanks again guys ill get back with ya

Scott
    Last edited by Snoman; 06-15-2007 at 07:28 AM.

5.73 x 5

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post
    5.73 x 5
    Thank Steve.Wifes going to pic them up today

Its fucking cake Scott. The Spring washers are half as hard as the clutch washers since you dont have to deal with the needle bearings. Swaping spring washers shoudlnt take longer then 5-10 min.

Quote Originally Posted by ReDevilRXP View Post
    Its fucking cake Scott. The Spring washers are half as hard as the clutch washers since you dont have to deal with the needle bearings. Swaping spring washers shoudlnt take longer then 5-10 min.

The neddle bearings is simple too is you apply a small film of grease on the wheel and place them one to one

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information