Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

maintenance question

I need to do my 1st oil change. The dealer wants $250 for this.

What all will they REALLY do? If all they will do is change the oil and look at the motor; I can do that my self.

I just don't want them to keep it a week and take my $250 if all they really do is change the oil. What about the SC? Is the oil self contained or does it run off the ski's motor oil?

My handle bar seems loose also. Has anybody adjusted this or ran into any problems?

Thanks

+1
    get an oilboy or some other brand of oil suction pump, oem oil filter, oil filter remover and some quality synthetic 10w40 oil and do it yourself. takes less than 30 mins and cost you about $100 incliuding the price of the oilboy. Next oil change is gonna be cheaper since you already have the oilboy. $250 is way to much for an oil change. The supercharger has its own oil made by klueber.
    Last edited by ultraman250; 06-15-2007 at 02:31 PM.

Thanks. i already have an oil suction tool.

How about checking the SC oil. Is this fairly simple?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by tckylem View Post
    Thanks. i already have an oil suction tool.

How about checking the SC oil. Is this fairly simple?

Change your oil and filter. Make sure you use the -003 oil filter.
    To check the S/C oil level. Stick your hand behind the exhaust manifold and remove the dipstick. Be careful of the washer. You`ll drop into the hull if your not careful. It`s easy to check, but hard to see on the stick.
    Also make sure all your exhaust hose clamps are tight.

+1
    there's a dipstick for the supercharger somewhere under the exhaust which has the big "supercharged" emblem. check when cold.

Where do you buy the supercharger oil?

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    They also check the belt tension on the supercharger and check everything else out to make sure things are working properly.

+1
    For all of us who are not mechanically inclined, does anybody have a picture of where the dipstick for the supercharger is? As some of you know, I had over a liter too much oil in my ski. I already called the dealer and told them that they are going to have to check the supercharger for too much oil and they were going to have to do it for free cause they changed my oil at the ten hour check. I only paid $79 for this service, including the oil. The service department told me to call back today and talk to the service manager.

Quote Originally Posted by erckawasaki View Post
    For all of us who are not mechanically inclined, does anybody have a picture of where the dipstick for the supercharger is? As some of you know, I had over a liter too much oil in my ski. I already called the dealer and told them that they are going to have to check the supercharger for too much oil and they were going to have to do it for free cause they changed my oil at the ten hour check. I only paid $79 for this service, including the oil. The service department told me to call back today and talk to the service manager.
    The supercharger should not need any oil maintnenace for a while. The oil level in the supercharger is not what gets overfilled. Its the engine oil that does. Checking the supercharger level can't hurt but you won't need to change it for 100 hours. The only real maintenance that needs to be done at 10 hours is change the engine oil (manual says 25 hours) and tighten all the hoses. Supercharger belt tenison should be good. If you are getting all your boost it is not slipping.

Quote Originally Posted by tckylem View Post
    ...How about checking the SC oil. Is this fairly simple?
    During my 50 hr check, the dealer found that a part of the SC oil dipstick had broken off. The piece was retrieved but have to replace the SC oil now. The dlr has to special order the SC oil so I may be down for the weekend which is a bummer because we only have so many weekends left here for prime riding. I think EShkr and some of you other guys were smart to lay in a supply of that SC oil ahead of time. Apparently, my exhaust gaskets were in bad shape from all my salt water riding so they will be replaced too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information