Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: 2'wedge on rxt

  1. #1

    2'wedge on rxt

    Do I need to install the riva intake grate to go with the riva2.0 wedge?
    What performance am I looking for if I only install either one of them?
    What will happen if I install both at the same time?
    I mostly ride in pretty choppy sea conditions, only 1-2 times out of 10 times that I will encounter little chops
    So should I leave the wedge alone!
    I know some of u had taken out the wedge as you lot didn't like it.
    Will the trimmed bucket still performance normally even the wedge had been taken out???
    I want better handling and hook up in bloody rough ocean/sea conditions.
    BTW, What prop should I change to as I only got a RR SC wheel and a 3" intake.
    My craft is 07 GTX SCIC Wake 215, will parts for RXT fit my ski????
    Many thanks for helping me out.


  2. #2
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,628
    +1
    808
    The wedge and riva grate are good for rough water and handling. If you take the wedge out the chopped reverse bucket will be fine. A 14/19R would be my suggestion for a prop. It most likely will have to be tweaked. RXT parts will fit your ski.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    euxton nr chorley lancashire, england
    Posts
    1,500
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by simonwg905 View Post
    Do I need to install the riva intake grate to go with the riva2.0 wedge?
    What performance am I looking for if I only install either one of them?
    What will happen if I install both at the same time?
    I mostly ride in pretty choppy sea conditions, only 1-2 times out of 10 times that I will encounter little chops
    So should I leave the wedge alone!
    I know some of u had taken out the wedge as you lot didn't like it.
    Will the trimmed bucket still performance normally even the wedge had been taken out???
    I want better handling and hook up in bloody rough ocean/sea conditions.
    BTW, What prop should I change to as I only got a RR SC wheel and a 3" intake.
    My craft is 07 GTX SCIC Wake 215, will parts for RXT fit my ski????
    Many thanks for helping me out.
    just put the wedge in and your bow is up instantly with a 1mph gain

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by simonwg905
    My craft is 07 GTX SCIC Wake 215,
    If you plan on pulling skiers, boarders ect...the wedge will make it a little more difficult to get a 200+lb'er outa the water.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    euxton nr chorley lancashire, england
    Posts
    1,500
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    If you plan on pulling skiers, boarders ect...the wedge will make it a little more difficult to get a 200+lb'er outa the water.
    i can pull 5 skiers with mine, and 8 knee boarders

  6. #6
    the wedge with the stock intake grate will b fine i know people running it like that i dont like the riva intake grate with out the wedge it'll give u a ruff ride

  7. #7
    HOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    4,759
    +1
    29

    Thumbs up

    An RXT loves a 2 wedgie and a Riva grate. I also advise getting a stock RXP prop when you do this mod.

  8. #8
    ArmyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ft. Drum, NY
    Posts
    259
    I will agree with Hoss, My wifes RXT really woke up with the wedge and grate from Riva. She likes it alot but I hate being behind here with the spray thank god I can pull around her and get out of it and spray her.

    Hoss,

    Why the RXP stock blade? can you tell soem more?

    Gary

  9. #9
    Moderator The Bandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Wilmette, IL
    Posts
    8,373
    Quote Originally Posted by jetskibill9999 View Post
    i can pull 5 skiers with mine, and 8 knee boarders
    Bahahaha

  10. #10
    cbrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Around Lake Travis
    Posts
    1,374
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by HOSS View Post
    An RXT loves a 2 wedgie and a Riva grate. I also advise getting a stock RXP prop when you do this mod.
    What's the difference between a stock RXT prop & stock RXP prop?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. pump wedge on a rxt-x?
    By gba in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 03:00 PM
  2. R&D Pump Wedge on RXT - Steering Fixing
    By BrAinZ in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-28-2008, 02:05 AM
  3. Pump wedge on wifes RXT
    By BJTKRXPHD in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-23-2006, 05:34 PM
  4. Anyone have sponsons on RXT?
    By Shibby1485 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-11-2005, 12:26 AM
  5. update on rxt 8000rpm and going slow fixed
    By scooter37x in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2005, 05:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •