Best New 3 Seater?

I have 2 2001 Kawasaki 1100's. There both 2 stroke fuel & oil injected. I'm thinking about upgrading to a brand new 4 stroke 3 seater with more power & possibly better gas mialage. Both mine are 130HP.
    My 3 seater is a Kawaski 1100STX-DI
    My 2 seater is a Kawasaki Ultra 130-DI.

Are there any newer 3 seaters that get better gas mialage than mine with more power?
    Eater way I'm looking for a faster 4 stroke that doesn't get horrible gas mailage. Any suggestions?

Also I know the gas mialage is horrible on it but does anyone have any oppinions on the Kawasaki Ultra 250X? Except for the gas mialage it looks like an awsome ski.
    Heres the link for the 250X.
    http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/Detail.aspx?id=197
    Last edited by nyrocketkid; 06-15-2007 at 11:00 PM.

+1
    Welcome NYrocketkid,

The 15f is pretty good, and is probably 5mph faster than your ski. As far as gas mileage goes, wide open throttle mileage gets worse as the power goes higher. So a 15f at WOT will be predictably higher gas usage, but the part that might help you, is with partial throttle operation. Most non-supercharged or non-turbo'd skis have very good mileage at partial throttle.

Add superchargers or turbo's and the mileage gets much worse...but the fun factor goes much higher.

the new Yamaha's are really good on gas the FX is 140hp and the FX HO's are 160 http://www.yamaha-motor.com/waverunn...33/0/home.aspx

Okay I'm kinda stuck between 2 skis. I really like the Yamaha FX Cruiser High Output from that link & it's got 160HP. I also really like the Kawasaki Ultra 250X, mainly because it has 250HP. Obvesouly the 250x is gonna get alot worse gas mialage but how much worse? And how will they both compair to my 1100's gas mialage & power? I went out today on my 1100STX-DI for an hour & paid like $9 at $3.02 a gallon. I wasn't at full throttle though I was learning how to wakeboard so it wasn't going fast. & Alot of stop and go.

So how would those 2 skis compair? Power, gas mialage, reliability... What I'm trying to figure out is is the extra 90HP worth the difference in gas? Theres only like a $200 difference in price between the 2 skis.

Keep in mind that I'm not going to be full throttle all the time. I just bought a wakeboard & a tube yesterday so I'm not always going to be at full throttle. I only go like 30ish on them.

+1
    You can't get ANY worse gas mileage than the new 250x. It's a great ski. I own one...but it can suck the gas station dry.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    where in NY are you? I work at a dealership... lemme know if i can help

I live in Utica NY. About 50 miles from syracuse, & 90 from Albany. I'm not ready yet to purchase but I'd like to give alot of thought before I buy something that expensive.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrocketkid View Post
    I live in Utica NY. About 50 miles from syracuse, & 90 from Albany. I'm not ready yet to purchase but I'd like to give alot of thought before I buy something that expensive.

Sport-Mann in syracuse are good people to deal with

Thread Information