Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1

Thumbs up RIVA Performance Power Filter

Well I must say that i was pleased with the quality of the product right out of the box. (i am a picky bastard) The tube could have been mfg slightly stronger, particularly where the blowoff/relief hook up, but was satisfactory without question. I was also a bit concerned before i bought it regarding the installation/fit since the way it mounts does not leave much play room. I was quite pleased with the fit and alignmet to the SC. It is a bit tight to the fuel sender and a little short for my liking, but for certain it installs nicely - Good Job Riva!

Riva's instructions are pretty good too albeit pretty much a no brainer.

A couple of tips for removal install that i think would be helpful to others in addition to what is stated in the instructions supplied:

When removing the stock box, you can do it without removing the fuel pump/sender (as the instructions state). The trick is to rotate clockwise and tilt the blowoff connections above the fuel sender, then keep tiled and push rearward slightly enough to feed the portion of the box where the rubber horn once was to the right side of the craft port opening and rotate up and out. viola!

Besides the box being tedious, the clamp on the SC was a B***** in my case due mainly to the positioning of the hose clamp. A high quality 1/4 drive swivel ratchet and short 7mm socket that has very fine increments will be your best friend. Besides the tools stated above....a 10mm socket and 10" or so of extentions (preferably wobble style), dikes for cutting the zip tie(optional), pliers if needed to remove the catch can hose (i just used fingers - easy), and possibly standard screwdriver are needed.

After step 6, i would acquire a stainless nyloc nut and flatwasher to keep the hull penetrations closed up as they wind up above the filter after intall. I have not verified, but believe them to be 6mm.

After step 14, I installed the filter and bracket with loctite (loosely) to the tube. I would also install the outerwear at this time too! (just be careful not to rip it)

With my modified instructions, during step 18, screw replaced bolt halfway down, then align bracket and drive it home.

Again, very quality product and fit.

One last tip, pay attention to your hose clamp orientation on install to make it easy access for a later date and wear long sleeve shirt or welding sleeves that you don't care much about.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	262.9 KB 
ID:	28055   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	321.5 KB 
ID:	28056   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	222.8 KB 
ID:	28057   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	263.1 KB 
ID:	28058   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	317.4 KB 
ID:	28059  

Looks nice! Kinda makes me wish I would have waited, even though the pro kit sounds awesome! Maybe if the water ingestion problems continue, Riva will step up and offer a solution

+1
    Shaker man,
    Looks great...... Please give us some test results when you can.
    Do you plan on keeping the blow off hoses hooked up to the intake or are you going to put filters on the valves?

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboJimmy View Post
    Looks nice! Kinda makes me wish I would have waited, even though the pro kit sounds awesome! Maybe if the water ingestion problems continue, Riva will step up and offer a solution
    You can turn the Pro series into the Performance series, witha lil adjustment.

Great job.

Out of curiousity, why did you go with the Riva version vs the R Rated version?

We all look forward to your testing results.

Is the stock intake really that bad. I mean with the stocker atleast your taking in fresh cool air and not the hot air inside the hull.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blownhotrodder View Post
    Is the stock intake really that bad. I mean with the stocker atleast your taking in fresh cool air and not the hot air inside the hull.
    The stock intake also pulls air from inside the hull. It comes toward the front and then turns to the side of the hull with a rubber air horn on the end.

I need to get out my service manual and look, I thought the two holes behing the dash were the intake for the blower? Are those just fresh air intakes for the hull?

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by blownhotrodder View Post
    I need to get out my service manual and look, I thought the two holes behing the dash were the intake for the blower? Are those just fresh air intakes for the hull?
    You are correct. You might go out and open up your inspection covers and check it out. Manual doesn't give the same feel.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    You are correct. You might go out and open up your inspection covers and check it out. Manual doesn't give the same feel.
    Shakerman,
    Have you considerd positioning both front vent hoses in front of your filter? I have been thinking about trying to utilize them and the area that surrounds them to blow outside air in. I don't do any ocean riding like you west coast guys do. (so I'm not worried about water ingestion too much) Only lake and inland river riding. Did you do the ram air mod on the front cover? I am considering doing that after my intake change and also adding the water rsistant vents from R-Rated. One last question for everyone. Would I be risking a buildup of gas fumes in the front if I did use the front vents for fresh air intake?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information