Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power Filter1

Power Filter1

Heres a couple of pics of the Riva power Filter install in the GTX SC.

Just for now, I hooked up the cranckase vent hose, I will eventually go to the catch can. I found that the hose was no where near the Riva Tube for a decent fit, so I modified the hose to fit. After removing the Air box, I wanted more tension on the rubber straps that hold the fuel cell in place. So I installed 4" PVC couplers under the straps, they sit well into the detents in the tank. This could give you guys some ideas to maybe pass thru air hose or ducting for a modified set-up...I also spun the rectifier so the wires go towards inside of opening to best reach harness, If your going to do it that way, make sure you disconnect the fuel level/pump connector from tank so you could pull harness forward to connect rectifier and then pull the harness towards the rear to re-connect tank connector. The stock worm clamps did not fit, (not enough grab) the silicone coupler from the power tube to the SC. Next size bigger clamp worked well... also glued plastic tie anchor to inside of hull where fuel line sags as result of removing air box, tie wrapped the fuel line and throttle cable slightly loose so now it doesn`t rest on the power filter...

Well! some of these mods are finally getting done, gotta keep on plugging away...PR...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 09-29-2008 at 07:09 AM.

+1
    Andy, did you have fun with that front bracket?

the one for the tube!? cake...LOL... If I found the torque spec correctly, it was 89inlb. A little bit of a challenge to torque those 2 bolts with the battery installed. Put the 2 smaller ones in blind, while holding the rear part of the tube, kept the coupler loose, so I can move it around to get them started. ...PR...

+1
    Nice clean and spotless engine compartment Paul...looks good !!

Richard

+1
    You are going to regret installing the bracket. It's nice for a good fit, but if you ever have to remove the SC, You are going to cuss a lot .

PR - How long did it take you to do the install?

Quote Originally Posted by mjammer
    PR - How long did it take you to do the install?
    I took my time, since I already had the air box out once before, I knew what to do, all in all it was about 3-4 hours, you prolly could def do it faster, but I was in the garage at home and , you know, bathroom breaks, coffee, bs`ing on the phone etc. It took a little longer bc I fit everything first to make sure all is going to line up, and that`s when I saw the crankase vent hose wouldn`t work the way it was. I don`t know if the RXP or the RXT has a dif molded hose for the vent. It`s funny that in Riva`s directions they call it the "cooling vent hose"...LOL... also had to get a bigger hose clamp for the tube side of the silicone coupler at the SC.

Franko: I see that already, the more mods you stuff into these hulls, many of them would need to be removed for any serious R&R. It wouldn`t be any fun if you didn`t cuss...

Way2: Oh Richard! actually the bottom/bilge looks like crap, I was really surprised how soiled it was, even after rinsing after every ride, your buddy-PAUL...LOL...

...PR...

+1
    Andy, here is a tip for the future. Don't put the bolts from the front bracket to the tube in place. Instead, thread a zip tie thru the front bracket bolt holes and around the tube. That way if you ever need to pull your SC just take the coupler loose on the SC and rotate the tube up out of the way

+1
    Andy- Just a thought....I spray that pre-filter thingy with a light silicone spray every now and again for added water protection....

Jerry, Ken, 2 good tips! Thanks...PR...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information