Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hello, I'm new here and need some help....

Hello!

My cousin & I own a '05 RXP with the stage one kit with the added Pro-Series Sponson Kit.
    When we bought this RXP it had all the goodies installed already and this machine ran like a bat out of hell.
    When we bought this beast last Sept, the former owner handed us a few other things and a Riva blow-off valve was one of them.
    Yesterday my cousin decided to put this blow-off valve on the beast and now it acts like it's running with no supercharger. (not a beast now!)
    No hole shot like the stock '04 RXP he's owned since new and it doesn't top out like it did before the blow-off valve install.
    After riding for a little while, we decided that all of this happened when the BOV was installed, so we went back to the house and removed the BOV thinking somehow this caused the problem, we also plugged the hole drilled into the intake.

We then went back out to try it and it still ran the same as mentioned before.

So, my question to you is this, when he followed the steps in the directions for install, there's one little thing he DIDN'T do and that was disconnect the battery, how important was this step?
    Could not disconnecting the battery done something to the ECU and if he/we disconnect the battery now and re-connect it, will it re-set the computer?

Thanks,

Keith

Biotch better have my money rain or shine LiquidDI's Avatar
    how many rpms is it running? Are the SC washers still the stock ceramics?

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidDI View Post
    how many rpms is it running? Are the SC washers still the stock ceramics?
    At full throttle it's at about 6000 rpm and yes, it still has the ceramic washers.
    I have been reading about this washer issue, but would it just be a coincidence they they go now after running so beautifully since we've had it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP Keith View Post
    At full throttle it's at about 6000 rpm and yes, it still has the ceramic washers.
    I have been reading about this washer issue, but would it just be a coincidence they they go now after running so beautifully since we've had it?
    Washers are gone!

Biotch better have my money rain or shine LiquidDI's Avatar
    yeah man I'm sorry to say but the washers are gone. They can go after 1 minute of riding or after 100hours. You just never know. I think the engine has to be pulled. That's the bad part. Don't feel bad though my 03 4Tec is having the engine pulled because a piece of the oil cap broke off and went in the engine.
    Last edited by LiquidDI; 06-16-2007 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidDI View Post
    yeah man I'm sorry to say but the washers are gone. They can go after 1 minute of riding or after 100hours. You just never know. I think the engine has to be pulled. That's the bad part. Don't feel bad though my 03 4Tec is having the engine pulled because a piece of the oil cap broke off and went in the engine.
    So this would be a warranty fix right and then what do they do, put the same crappy ceramic washers back on?

From what I'm reading, some guys order the washers from Jerry and do it themselves, or they send the SC to him and he takes it apart and does it.
    I haven't read about taking the motor out, I hope that's not true.

The Sea Doo is at my cousin's house, about an hour and a half away, if it was here I'd do like I read somewhere, pull the inlet tube off and reach in and try to spin the impeller, if it spends then you KNOW it's gone.

Un frickenbelievable, I'm getting ready to go on a 5 day weekend trip next weekend with about 8 friends & family for my Birthday and wanted to take both Sea Doo's along to play and now this! (yeah, I know )

All I need is Jerry to come out of hiding and chime in AND I need to get those washers here (Cali) ASAP!
    I've also been told that there's a special tool I will need for the SC impeller (we are going to put on a different impeller when we put it back together) so I hope Jerry has that too.

Anyway, I'm just needing to hear from Jerry and I can get the ball rolling.

Thanks for your help guys and please wish me luck on a fast fix!

Kieth you know it is not as simple as just installing Jerry's washers at this point right?

Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post
    Kieth you know it is not as simple as just installing Jerry's washers at this point right?
    Oh great, yes I did assume it would be "that" easy, I figured another oil & filter change would be needed, but please tell me what needs to be done?

It still is under warranty, so is this something that an authorized dealer should handle?
    Do they just put the same washers back on?
    I just didn't want to have to take off the rest of the toys before it went back to the dealer, but if we have too, then we have too.

Please enlighten me Steve!

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP Keith View Post
    Oh great, yes I did assume it would be "that" easy, I figured another oil & filter change would be needed, but please tell me what needs to be done?

It still is under warranty, so is this something that an authorized dealer should handle?
    Do they just put the same washers back on?
    I just didn't want to have to take off the rest of the toys before it went back to the dealer, but if we have too, then we have too.

Please enlighten me Steve!

If your under warranty then it will be covered. I would pay the dealer the extra money for the metal washers ( Most dealers will do that while there in there ) Also install the metals on the other unit asap.

To add to what Steve stated: The washers are now in your oil pumps and engine! Done right: The dealer needs to replace oil pumps and split the cases and clean it out thoughly! I am guessing about $800 in parts and this doesn't include labor!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information