Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Chesterfield VA

My RXP full of water..please help

Here is the deal...i have a 05 RXP with about 50 hours on it. I got it out of the garage the other day and hooked it up to the water hose...You can probably guess what happend next . Anyway i cut the water on before i started the ski, yeah what i dumbass i know. Now the ski is in the shop, they have gotten all the water out the motor. They tried to fire it up and water came out of the supercharger. The dealer is telling me there are not sure if they will ruin the superchareger. Im paying these guys 85$ an hour and they are not sure, I thought they could just call seadoo direct..Anyway there is no way im the only one in the world who has made this mistake. So if anyone can give me some advice and what they think..Is the supercharger ruined??Is it that big of a deal??Thanks for any help you guys and gals can give..Right now the shop is at a standstill until tuesday when they can call someone who knows about the supercharger situation..

Banned User
    Well first of all they should of got all the water out of the motor right away. Its going to take alot of oil changes to get it out and also seadoo has a procedure to boil the moisture out that doesnt work that well but it helps. I cant tell you for sure if it will be ok ( the sc ).If they got it running and ran it then it would of probably been ok but know that it is sitting that is not good. If you dont have the metal washers in your sc then this might be a good time to have it done and have the sc bearings inspected.

I would definitley get the sc bearings changed - remember it spins at 40,000 rpm (think of the mess a failed bearing could make)! As it's already stripped, you have already paid for most of the labour, I wouldn't mess about with any thing but a full reoair

SC Woes

My feeling on your SC problem is that if the water has been emptied out and the machine is back running ....I would see no reason to strip the charger as the contaminant was fresh water and the seals are more than capable of preventing boost passing them at the higher boost presures than your water would have provided. I agree with the ideas of multiple oil changes as soon as possible. My opinion is only backed by my 9 years as a Sea Doo tech and a PWC shop owner so others may have a more qualified opinion but if it was my ski I would get it back and get it running.....lots
    Hope this helps.

Chesterfield VA
    Thanks for all the help...

Banned User
    $85 an hour? How come everything is so freaking more expensive in Florida, we pay $100+ Hour

This has also happend to me, but it happend out on the lake, water over and into the sc, 5 oilchanges and new plugs it runs as it did before

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    $85 an hour? How come everything is so freaking more expensive in Florida, we pay $100+ Hour
    I pay $85 too Alex....Where u taking your Doo?

I ran mine on the hose the other day and accidentally cut it off while the hose was still on but i fired it back up 5 seconds later.....i should not have any problems as long as it ran fine when i cranked it back up right? i dont think I had it off long enough to let it get into the motor

SeaDoocer
    I can honestly say that I've never done that but ONLY because of guy's that have told their story and it scared the daylights out of me so bad that I went up and got the quick disconnect that can attach to the Salt Away 3-way valve cannister. Now, I flush my ski out with a little bit of the Salt Away each time i ride. If I just want to hook it up to run water through it while working on the engine or changing oil it has a valve that you can turn to allow fresh water to go through without using the Salt Away solution and a third valve that shuts the water off entirely. It has worked great. The good thing is that you can shut the water off right there before you even touch the key..hope that helps!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information