Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kawaskai Turbo

Kawaskai Turbo

I wonder why Kawasaki never looked at a Turbo Ultra 250x ,instead of supercharging.
    The super charger users horse power to make horse power.
    The reason i mention this ive just seen it done.It will be a 80 mph machine.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Racer View Post
    I wonder why Kawasaki never looked at a Turbo Ultra 250x ,instead of supercharging.
    I would say they most likely did...but we all know sc provide instant and steady hp. Nitro gould probably go on about this. I don't see any turbos on the "quickest" hydrocarbon snorting anything.

Some say this craft's hull is not designed for top speed. I don't race pwc's but from what i've seen it's pretty choppy after or shortly before the first lap.

We'll see the direction mfg's will go soon.

+1
    how do they handle the exhaust piping... need water jacketing for all that, with the T3 mounting etc..

They had water injection on a free flow pipe system,,,no intercooler,,, the turbo sat above the old supercharger pullery wheel,,then there was lots of pipiing to to the exhaust outlet.They also run a after market ECU programme.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    They had water injection on a free flow pipe system,,,no intercooler,,, the turbo sat above the old supercharger pullery wheel,,then there was lots of pipiing to to the exhaust outlet.They also run a after market ECU programme.
    Of course you took pictures and will post right?

how do you know they didnt look into a turbo set up ?

My thought is that they did look into turbo. They are afterall Japanese. As said earlier though, you get the turbo lag on both bottom and top end. The super may take more hp to give more hp but I feel for the application it was best suited. I'm a first time jetski owner but looking at all the specs on hulls throughout the years it seems that the 250 has more draft than just about anything out there. This of course will slow down the ski a bit. Just put this engine in a rxt and you've got a rocket to the moon.

Yeh I've just seen one too,on Saturday at round 2 of our Winter Enduro series. It went well for about 1/4 of a lap then died and spent the rest of the day on the beach while they tried to sort it out. It was a very nice set up though,everything was water jacketed,PWR intercooler,Autronic ecu and lots of hand fabricated stuff. I'm sure it will be fast when its sorted. Sorry no photos as I was trying to race too.

Yer there was heaps of room after they got that stock intercooler turfed out. The PWR cooler was such nicely tucked away hard up agiainst the foot well,,it looked like a Factory fit out with turbo sitting nicely there.
    Hopefully when they get it sorted we can watch it fly to the moon.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 250-Z View Post
    My thought is that they did look into turbo. They are afterall Japanese. As said earlier though, you get the turbo lag on both bottom and top end. The super may take more hp to give more hp but I feel for the application it was best suited. I'm a first time jetski owner but looking at all the specs on hulls throughout the years it seems that the 250 has more draft than just about anything out there. This of course will slow down the ski a bit. Just put this engine in a rxt and you've got a rocket to the moon.

turbo's only lag on the bottom end and become inefficient on the top end if it is not properly sized in proportion to the motor itself...... they are driven off of RPM and exhaust gasses. big turbo on small motor = lag on the bottom end, big turbo on big motor = negligible lag, small turbo, big motor = no lag but inefficient.....

in drag racing depending on the sanctioning body, some racers will run a small shot of nitrous off the line to help get the rpm's up quicker and build boost.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information