+1

You may have heard.....

I am getting a GPR. I am keeping the Sleeper, I could never part with it. It would just not be right to sell it. For the money I could get for it, it is just not worth it. You can't go down and buy a ski off the show room floor (even in 2007) that will out run it in smooth water, so why let somebody have my ski for next to nothing? I waxed him up tonight, drank a few beers, did a little bonding, you know, that kind of stuff. LOL, I am a f'n nut. If my wife wants to ride with me, she can ride the GPR and I will ride the 97. Other than that, I am only going to ride it one more time before I get the GPR.

I have done everything I ever wanted to do with the GP. In 2002, I still was not sold on the GPR, so thats when I decided to do the Group K sleeper kit. My goal back then was to hand a stock GPR, & Ultra 150 their ass, and I did. Now in 2007, in smooth water, I still have not been beat by a stock ski. I gained 3-4 mph since last mudbug without touching the motor, or the prop. I think 70 is possible out of a single pipe, pump gas GP. Mine would do it with some prop work but at the expense of holeshot more than likely. I have never been willing to sacrifice my holeshot for top speed, so 69.0 it will be. I will always be lurking in the old school forum checking on you guys. I have made alot of good friends in this section. I plan on being at the 2008 mudbug with the GP & the GPR. Don't be suprised if the Sleeper makes another radar pass next year. I wish all you guys the best of luck with your old school projects, keep them alive boys!!! No matter how fast I end up going on the GPR, the GP will never be forgotten. I have so many memories on the 97, they will last a life time.

Are you going to change your screen name?

+1
    Hey Nick, no I am not going to change my screen name, just my signature. I hear your not going to be able to make the Rayburn ride, I am dissappointed.

Everyone needs to try to make the Rayburn run. I am trying to work everything out were I will be there with my family (not the DRC family the wife and two kids). Rayburn is beautiful no one will be disappointed.

+1
    welcome to the club beotch!!!! no doubt u will have it smokin fast soon enough.

Thread Information