Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sever Hull damage, what should be done?

All that talk about truing hulls made me want to look at mine. Mine has so many gouges from the bunks on the trailer. The keel? or v of the hull is gouged bad and it just feels very rough all along the bottom of the hull. That is definitely going to rob me of some speed. What alternatives do I have to truing the hull, because I really don't feel like taking the motor out again. If I drain fluids is it ok to turn on its side? I don't want to put too much stress on the mounts having it sit on its die for too long. Should I just fill the gouges with marine tex, sand it and paint it? What do I have to do in terms of paint. Where can I find a match to the seadoo yellow on a 96 xp? If I just sand the rough spots with really smooth sand paper is that better than having gouges and cuts along the hull. I know it won't have any glassiness to it if I sand some of those bad spots but isn't that better than the gouges themselves?

I just went out to look at it again, and the part of the "keel"? up by the bow is scraped all the way down to a brown colored layer. I hope that isn't exposed glass. It isn't just like a tiny spot of brown, but its a huge patch or strip of brown colored hull. All the gelcoat and yellow is worn away. Is this from beaching or trailering? I didn't think it was that bad, butI actually jacked it up and looked under there and I'm pretty pissed. I think I'm probobly going to have to do some serious work to this thing. Can a hull be trued without the motor being removed? I hope there is something that I can do for cheap, like $250 or less. Any thoughts? Thanks so much, Charlie

I'll take some pics.

Is it worth doing anything at all? Tomorrow there will be pics, and depending on how bad you guys think it is, what are my options? Jerry, is it at all possible to do any of this work without removing the motor? Thanks so much. Charlie

Hi Charlie, prolly alot of people watching the game... I`m sure someone here knows what to do, can`t wait to see the pics...PR...

I'm watching too! I just check the board every few commercials. Oh and the fed ex commercial was the best by far! Thanks PR. I might take the pics after the game. Its a shame about that interception Ben threw. I hope you are cheering on the stealers!

+1
    Let's see some pics.

Yes, you can work on the hull by laying on your back and lifting your ski off the trailer a bit, but it sure makes it easier to be able to flip the hull over. If your damage isn't very extensive then i think you wont have to worry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by ccassone
    I'm watching too! I just check the board every few commercials. Oh and the fed ex commercial was the best by far! Thanks PR. I might take the pics after the game. Its a shame about that interception Ben threw. I hope you are cheering on the stealers!
    Charlie, Steelers all the way bro!

I like the one with the monkeys and jackass`s...LOL...PR...

Yeah, the bet part of that one was the dress slacks they were wearing! I'm charging the battery on the camera right now Jerry. I promise pics withing the next hour or so. Thanks, Charlie

Here are some pics of the hull.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hull4_122.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	894.4 KB 
ID:	1946  

Jesus you got that from your trailer?

Here are more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hull_1_664.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	811.2 KB 
ID:	1947  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information