Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Control Speed

Control Speed

This is going to be a new one for you guys im sure but i was wondering if there is a way to program the yellow learners key so it will go to 45MPH insted of 35mph. Me and my dad bought a left over 05 yesterday *red and grey* and having a 45 mph limitor would be alot better for other people that might ride the ski and help my mom not be so paranoid. We will be picking it up this saturday....Thank you!!!

Mitch

+1
    A dealer can reprogram your yellow key to be a learners key, but I think that it only limits the ignition by cutting out 1 cyl. speed is not programmable to my knowledge.

Can you have it programmed to stop at a speed and still have the rpm's shoot up normally. With the learners key it seems the acceleration is real slow too.

I wouldn't mind have a cruise control learners key for going 45-50 and saving gas on long cruises.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinchyle
    Can you have it programmed to stop at a speed and still have the rpm's shoot up normally. With the learners key it seems the acceleration is real slow too.

I wouldn't mind have a cruise control learners key for going 45-50 and saving gas on long cruises.
    That`s prolly cause you don`t get enough rpm`s to really get out of the hole and on plain...I used my learning key for maybe 2 min, and then rip...PR...

I'll find out when they are programming mine this Tuesday if they make it any speed. I will get one made for 50mph if they can.

GTXX that would be awesome!!! Please post back. Yeah i know i wouldnt use it but my little bro and people that only have limited experience with ski's.

Is it posible to have three keys for a single boat?

Quote Originally Posted by wakeborder556
    Is it posible to have three keys for a single boat?
    I think it is 8 keys I know that was the case before the 4 stroke and I don't think they can change the speed either(justwhat is in the ECU for the learn key.The learn key is white.

the computer be it an MPEM or ECU can be programmed to remember a certain number of keys, I thought it was 12, but 8 does sound right. Some shops program your ski to remember a key they keep in the shop so they can work on it if they don't have your key.

+1
    I really don't think they can program it for any set speeds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information