Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Msx 110 turbo trouble

My MSX 110 04 will not accelerate to full boost. The turbo bar doesn't light up all the way and is misssing one bar. Sometimes the check engine light comes on and cuts the power. I have checked the intercooler hoses and they are tight. The clamp to the intake from the throttle body is hard to see(there is alittle play, but I can't pull it up). I took the seat off to see what was happening at full throttle in the water. The wastegate arm was moving back and forth with the rpms never going above 6900. I thought that at full throttle the wastegate should be completely closed and not pulsing. It has the black wastegate(I've heard of a gray). I do not know how to check for the right psi or vacuum on the wastegate diapharm or solenoid. Thanks for any help.

the turbos has had waste gate problems , betch cha the farm thats what it is

+1
    I"m pretty sure that it is the wastegate. I think it is a bad wastegate solenoid valve or the wastegate accutator. Hopefully jay may have an idea and the parts.

+1
    I read an old post about over filling the oil and possible problems with senors. Someone throw me a bone.

+1
    97slx1050 I think it was your post to a msx 150 guy I read about the oil on the senors. Any ways a firgured I'd take the intercooler out and check from oil. Guess what? I had oil that is being sucked through a vacumn tube to the intake box from the oil tank. Is there a way to cleamn this out with diconnecting all the hoses. I was going to use brake cleanner on the intercooler.

Also read that the boost gauge is actually a rpm gauge. Is this true? Man it sucks when your ski starts acting up. What really suck is they only made this ski for about a year. Still plan on replacing the wastegate solenoid , along with oil and fuel filter. I'll give Jay a call Monday (Jay if I can get this ski fixed I will be converting it to a 150 soon). Again any help would be great. Trying to give the experts as much info as possible.

ya you can use brake cleaner would work or carb cleaner would be even better becuase its not so much alc/ethanol talk to jay or randy im just giveing the input iv read about em ,

What I would do first is check the oil level. Start the unit for 30 seconds shut it off, unscrew the dipstick wipe it off and set it on the tank. Oil level should be between the bottom of the stick and the min. mark. That is the lower scribe on the oil stick. That is the proper oil level for these units. If it is at the max level. You need to lower it by using a suction gun and remove it till it is down to the mark or slightly lower. Most people check them cold not starting them up and see no oil. they add 2 quarts of oil and o'nelly mess everywhere.
    So check the oil level.
    Next clean all hoses and inter cooler with carb clean and let them air dry.
    next remove the bosch sensor on the top pipe and spray lightly with carb clean to get the foamy yellow film off. You will need a 5mm allen to remove the bolt.

+1
    I am in the process of cleanning all the vacumn lines. The intercooler did have foamy oil in it (cleanned). The bosch sensor is clean now(is this a temp sensor??). How do you get the oil out of the cyclone part next to the oil tank. How clean do all these parts need to be? I been using kawasaki oil. It hard to find polaris oil in florida. Will cleanning all the oil out stop the wastegate from pulsing at full throttle.

lack of turbo boost

iam having the same problem on my msx 150 with 21 hrs on it it is a 03 some one told me that it was the waste gate not being lubed can any one tell me if i should be able to move the arm on the gate by hand and should it travel free also does anyone know where i can buy a copy of digital wrench and cable for my machine thanks

+1
    I just got off the phone with Jay. He said to clean everything and both intake sensors. Also check the vacumn hoses for oil. OIL IS VERY BAD WITH THE TURBO SENSORS. This guy really knows this [email protected]#! and is great to talk to. Jay also told me that only Polaris dealer have digital wrenchs. That sucks!!! Well, hopefully everything will work out and I will have the ski back in the water soon. Thanks again.
    Last edited by f150vtx; 06-19-2007 at 04:31 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information