Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Riva IC install in a GTX SC...

Herew`s a couple of pics of the install in the GTX SC. I hate to do things twice, but I had to remove the Riva Thru hull in order to have room to worm the intercooler mounted on the supplied bracket in it`s place. I did have to remove a lip/edge in the fiberglass where the bracket goes., managed to get silicone caulk between the bracket and the hull as required. The only bolt spec I could come up with from the manual was 23ftlbs for the pump support bolts. I did find them not to spec, but re-torqued the nuts when done. I have to say this was a PITA, trying to get my meat-hooks in there to work. Since this ski did not come with factory intercooler, I did not have the cooling hoses that would normally be in the RXP/RXT/GTX SC Limited. So we purchased a 6' length of 3/4 heater hose and a moulded 90 degree 3/4 heater hose, trimmed it to fit. 1 Major glitch when installing the connector tubes from the IC to the throttle body, I don`t know why, I don`t know if things are a little bit different between the RXT/RXP 04-05 GTX SC. After exhausting all my options, loosened up clamps to air tube etc., I put some marking grease on the air tube where the connector tube was interfering, marked it and checked it again, whipped out the heat gun and warmed up the tube enough to change the shape, I used a can to form the relief. held the can there for several minute while the plastic tube retains that shape and then chucked it in the freezer for a quick harden. After that it lined right up to the IC and throttle body, and has just enough clearance that it`s not touching the air tube. Re-installed the exhaust, coolant reservoir, and finished up...

There was no way that tube was going to line up, that bummed me out, and spent lots of time examining why...That was the solution, I can always get another tube if need be. I don`t think it will be to restrictive bc it is at the end where it exits the IC...any thoughts???...PR...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 09-29-2008 at 07:09 AM.

+1
    Cool can't wait to see your results...Nice clean install...

Quote Originally Posted by two2curupt
    Cool can't wait to see your results...Nice clean install...
    Thanks! Should be getting pump back from skat tomorrow, back in the garage again...LOL...PR...

PR you do very nice work, looks great. let us know when the results are in!

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    Man that could be me but this whole buying a house thing has me all fuct up.

looks like some cool looking graphics you have planned out there in the 3rd pic down. u doing them urself im guessing?

Quote Originally Posted by rxpblast
    looks like some cool looking graphics you have planned out there in the 3rd pic down. u doing them urself im guessing?
    a friend of mine does vinyl, how much detail could you see? those are outline/templates of actually decals to size them up. It wiil be a few weeks till there done, I`ll post pics when there on...PR...

i saw good detail. i clicked on it and blew it up cuz i wasn't sure what was going on in the pic. looks pretty sweet though. def post some pics when its all done!

Quote Originally Posted by rxpblast
    i saw good detail. i clicked on it and blew it up cuz i wasn't sure what was going on in the pic. looks pretty sweet though. def post some pics when its all done!
    That pic was for the 90 degree moulded hose I used for the inlet water...PR...

shhhh! some really cool skull/bee graphics coming!

haha, sorry for saying something, i didn't want to say what i saw incase ur hiding it like i think u r. my bad man!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information