14/19R or 14/17R

What is the differences between these 2 prop?
    Can someone explain a little more what is the first and second figure means ? Is one figure mean the diameter of the prop and the other means the angle of the blades ???
    How will these differences affect a 07 wake 215 with only 3' intake and Riva/vertec impeller wheel.
    Will it be like changing the Final gear ratio in motorsport???
    Larger final gear for better acceleration and smaller final gear ratio for better top end???
    Many THX.

Quote Originally Posted by simonwg905 View Post
    What is the differences between these 2 prop?
    Can someone explain a little more what is the first and second figure means ? Is one figure mean the diameter of the prop and the other means the angle of the blades ???
    How will these differences affect a 07 wake 215 with only 3' intake and Riva/vertec impeller wheel.
    Will it be like changing the Final gear ratio in motorsport???
    Larger final gear for better acceleration and smaller final gear ratio for better top end???
    Many THX.
    First number is the measurement for the leading edge and the second number is the measurement for the trailing edge or the prop.

+1
    I have a 14/17R that I bought from someone here that did not know what he had it has a little more pitch I tried to run it with just the 3" air filter but it was not enough but with the Riva SC wheel it might be good with what you are running let me know if you would like to try it

These are progressively pitched impellers. As said above, the first number is the pitch at the leading edge of the blade. This is the area important for hole shot. The second number is the pitch of the blade at the trailing edge of the blade. This area gives your top speed and also is going to determine your RPM at top speed. In between the leading edge and trailing edge the pitch progressively increases.

THX
    But which side is the leading edge?
    The side closer to the engine or the side further from the engine???
    Also for better hole shot, do I need bigger first figure or smaller???
    Same for top speed/rpm at top rpm range, do I need bigger number or smaller???
    What is performance differences between 3/4 blades???
    Many THX again.

The side closer to the engine is leading edge. Bigger numbers will get you more distance traveled per revolution. The question is can the motor turn the higher pitch (does it have enough power). There are recommendations in threads telling you which impeller to use for what modifications you have. Got to go.

Thread Information