Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1

www.glockers.com

A new forum about pistols, come and join....

damn right as i became a member for pftw..

I love my Glock 22 with laser. Had it for about 6 years and it has been just as reliable as any revolver I have ever owned.

As a sporting pursuit sounds interesting, as for putting a gun under your pillow, well, it's so far removed from life here in Aus'.

I just don't get the gun thing.................

Not looking to make a political statement of any kind, just happy to share my initial thoughts with people that enjoy a common interest.

+1
    boring, just like the other one... i think it's the red.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutto

As a sporting pursuit sounds interesting, as for putting a gun under your pillow, well, it's so far removed from life here in Aus'.

I just don't get the gun thing.................

Not looking to make a political statement of any kind, just happy to share my initial thoughts with people that enjoy a common interest.
    I dont get the gun thing either . Around here people have like a mass collection of them . If they had to go get one they would be confused on which to pick

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    It's a nice stress reliever to go to the range once in a while and shoot for an hour or so with a friend. I try to go at least once a week.

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bling bling
    If they had to go get one they would be confused on which to pick
    Happens to me all the time...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 01xdime
    It's a nice stress reliever to go to the range once in a while and shoot for an hour or so with a friend. I try to go at least once a week.
    now that sounds fun . I might could get into that

+1
    I understand 'not getting' the gun thing ... I was the same way, did a little hunting but did not 'need' a handgun at home. And then we were robbed one night .... while we were in bed ... never heard a thing, next morning realized all our wallets/purses were gone. At the time my wife's friend lived with us, and both women were very unhappy ... and asked me how I could protect them if an intruder had 'bad intent'. I realized running around in my underwear would not scare off an intruder (might scare him, but not scare him off! ). And we lived in a very nice neighborhood ... it was quite a shock.

After that I bought 3 pistols ... and got good with them all ... and the girls slept better because of it ... as did I.

Funny thing ... my brother in law had 4 kids and when I showed him my new pistols he was visibly disturbed, said he did not agree with it, thought it was a bad idea. Not 6 months later, he trapped an intruder in his pitch black house, and the intruder was between him and his kids. Neither one knew if the other was armed, and there was a classic 'Mexican standoff' - neither one moved for a few minutes ... finally the intruder bolted out the door. Wanna guess who bought two shotguns and called me for pistol advice the very next day?? Yeah .... he apologized ... told me "NEVER again will I stand unarmed while some stranger is in my house, between me and my kids."

So ... I too wish for a world without guns or violence ... most people do. But confiscating registered guns only takes them away from good folks like us ... the criminal's guns are unregistered, and no law ever enacted will 'find' or eliminate those guns. 'Gun control' is one of the worst oxymorons in the world ... MANY times it has been proved that in cities that enact gun control, violent crime jumps ... dramatically. And in response to that, some cities did the opposite and required all homeowners to own a gun. And crime dropped dramatically ... think about it ... if you KNOW NO homeowners have guns, hey, the world is your oyster. If on the other hand you KNOW that ALL homowners have a gun ... you ARE gonna think long and hard before making unlawful entry into those houses and risking your life for a few bucks.

Tell you what ... after they can PROVE to me that all the criminal's guns have been melted down ... then .... maybe ... I might turn mine in .... or not!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information