snapper455

Factory service rep see's new problem

Talking to one of the sevice reps fri he said they have had a couple of engine probs due to leaving parts in the hull.

He has seen 2 warrenty claims starting from complaints of lots of oil in the hull and later oil warning on the gauge, one accually blew a motor.

If you work on this boat and drop a nut, bolt, tool or metel part in the engine compartment you must remove it before riding.

The tollerance between the oil pan and hull is so small that the metal object will crack or rub a hole in the oil pan.

For most of you tuners this is a no brainer, but for you first time mechanics on these this will save you some headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by snapper455 View Post
    Talking to one of the sevice reps fri he said they have had a couple of engine probs due to leaving parts in the hull.

He has seen 2 warrenty claims starting from complaints of lots of oil in the hull and later oil warning on the gauge, one accually blew a motor.

If you work on this boat and drop a nut, bolt, tool or metel part in the engine compartment you must remove it before riding.

The tollerance between the oil pan and hull is so small that the metal object will crack or rub a hole in the oil pan.

For most of you tuners this is a no brainer, but for you first time mechanics on these this will save you some headaches.
    I found a few extra zip ties in the bottom of the hull on mine; don't want those things to get wrapped up in the Super Charger belt!

I guess I will be going on a search for one of the bolts that holds the supercharger plaque to the exhaust. It gone, must be due to vibration while riding.

Have heard of others having this issue as well.

Time to pull out the good ol' borescope!

+1
    Lots of luck trying to get at or even see what may be under that engine. Even the trained hamster would have a bitch of a job trying to get at it!!

Richard

I drop stuff all the time.

I take a dry cleaners hanger and bend it out straight, then snake it from the back to the front of the bottom. Hook a dish towel to the front and gently pull it through.

Gets those parts and does a good job of cleaning up down there.

+1
    Thanks for the tip Snapper. I am assuming this would be the same for the 15F? I think I dropped an acorn nut, but I don't remember it was so long ago. I better check anyway.

( Had to go RXT.....Baby) Ultra Junkie's Avatar

Talking

Imagine that.... I posted info when I did my Free Flow install - I found zip ties, rivets, 2 sockets and a couple of bolts down in the hull - I think my Kawi tech was a little careless - oh did I mention the tons of excess silicon... Still love my ski....

blew a motor? sounds like mine. oil in the hull, did the bottom and the front seals go?

Aquarium Tongs

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    I drop stuff all the time.

I take a dry cleaners hanger and bend it out straight, then snake it from the back to the front of the bottom. Hook a dish towel to the front and gently pull it through.

Gets those parts and does a good job of cleaning up down there.
    Just before I read this series of posts, I dropped nuts from the handrail plate 2x in a row. Fortunately, they wedged against one of the fittings without droppin into the engine compartment but I was wonderin whether there might be consequences. I've got no idea whether this tip is of any use--I've got a pair of aquarium tongs shown in the photo that I use to retrieve all sorts of stuff from nooks & crannies. I'm gonna be keepin it close at hand now!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aquarium Tongs.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	28379  

Thread Information