Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 230 Wake?

230 Wake?

Ok, now I am looking at these. Anyone have one, been in one? Are they worth the coin the dealers are asking?

I actually haven't seen the Wake in person but sat in the ugly blue and tan one yesterday. The stow away middle door and window are super trick.

I am starting down the same path as car shopping...just keep looking at more expensive stuff. Crap!

it was easy for me to decide, the speedster 150 was the only boat that would fit in my garage, and that was my main prerequisite.

Looks like all but the large dealers are only expecting one of these delivered. Seems they didn't make very many of the "wake" edition and they are in demand. The only reason I like that version is that it is black and red.

My dealer gets one next week and I can have it at cost (he's an ex-race friend). So I will check it out and see if it is for me or not.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRacerX View Post
    Looks like all but the large dealers are only expecting one of these delivered. Seems they didn't make very many of the "wake" edition and they are in demand. The only reason I like that version is that it is black and red.

My dealer gets one next week and I can have it at cost (he's an ex-race friend). So I will check it out and see if it is for me or not.
    Chris, let me know what the final OTD price is on the boat you want, and I am pretty sure my friend can beat it. My email is [email protected]

Frank

What's up Frank. Small world.

I will shoot you an email.

Oklahoma PWC Sales

The 430hp wake 230 is all any boarder enthusist will ever need.

I work for a large dealership in Oklahoma and have had the opportunity to take the 230 wake out on our local lake and thought the boat was perfect for any level of boarder. The steering was a little stiff but i'm sure those French Canadians did that for a reason.

We used a GPS system to track its top speed and came up with 50.8 mph. The boat was new so i didn't hold top speed for too long. It puts out a decent wake w/o water in the ballast.

I give it a 80% wakeboard boat and a 20% bachelor boat but thats just my opinion.

I just rode in one of these things also. I saw only 49 on gps but thats cause the stupid perfect pass system wasnt adjusted right and the one engine wouldnt go wot. Im sure now with both engines running fully open it will just get over the 50 mark.

I have to say for the price, these things just arent worth it. For nearly 50K you can buy a lot of boat, and it will be a lot more reliable than twin stupid charged seadoo engines. Its absolutely imperative that you get the metal sc washers as it seems the boats sc's go out even quicker than the skis. Also at least in my area, i see these jetboats sucking up sticks and all kinds of junk and destroying wear rings quickly. For me, I'd rather just have a proped boat with no wear ring trouble.

It has some neat gimmicks on it, like the retractable windshield, but i can just see that breaking. Dont get me wrong, I love my RXP and my other 5 seadoos, i just dont like the boats they offer. Sure they look cool, but they are a bear to work on, and just arent built for durability.

The color scheme is sick though.

Quote Originally Posted by kcmoto14 View Post
    The steering was a little stiff but i'm sure those French Canadians did that for a reason.
    Although the head office for BRP is in Quebec, I thought the boats for the US market were assembled at the factory in the US.

Oklahoma PWC Sales
    Thanks for correcting me. I bet you sat in the front row in school.

Well I am going to look at one on Saturday. It is the only one left in SoCal available and everydealer has said they are in very high demand.

I don't know if they are worth the price either, hopefully sitting in one will make up my mind.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information