Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Problems with my 2006 RXT - help please !!!

Hi,

Because I live in Poland and we have lack of profis in PWC subject I'm writing here with hope to get answers for my problems with 2006 RXT jut after 10 h. service.

First of all: it can not ran speed over 53 mph at WOT !! RPMs not exceed 6800. I'm always stay back in terms of boost and speed compared to my friend's 02 GTX 155hp !!!
    What's wrong?

My dealer knows nothing... He can only change the oil, lubricate throttle, check plugs and fasteners...
    Other dealer is over 400 miles away!!

And last thing: is it normal that during ride I see big jet of water from jet nozzle comming not inside the water for boosting PWC but high over the water (to distance about 20 feets).
    I checked nozzle but RXT has no redius regulation of the nozzle like RXP.....

Anyone can help me please...?

Sorry for my bad English.

Jacek

I wasnt aware that the RXT didn't come equipped with a trim system,but it sounds to me like your nozzle is aimed too high for one thing.As for the RPM issue,someone will chime in soon.

Banned User
    [quote=BlackJack1;314615]Hi,

Because I live in Poland and we have lack of profis in PWC subject I'm writing here with hope to get answers for my problems with 2006 RXT jut after 10 h. service.

First of all: it can not ran speed over 53 mph at WOT !! RPMs not exceed 6800. I'm always stay back in terms of boost and speed compared to my friend's 02 GTX 155hp !!!
    What's wrong? Sounds like your SC washers failed, pull your SC and send it to Jerry click this link-----> http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...071#post243071

My dealer knows nothing... He can only change the oil, lubricate throttle, check plugs and fasteners...
    Other dealer is over 400 miles away!!

And last thing: is it normal that during ride I see big jet of water from jet nozzle comming not inside the water for boosting PWC but high over the water (to distance about 20 feets).
    I checked nozzle but RXT has no redius regulation of the nozzle like RXP..... How high? Is there anything in the waters path that would cause it to spray? You should be able to look into your venturi and see the cone on your pump but nothing else..

you'll need to clean out your oil pump screens too.. You have the help of alot of talented mechanic here to help.

Good luck,

Alex

[quote=Alex13;314648]
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackJack1 View Post
    Hi,

What's wrong? Sounds like your SC washers failed, pull your SC and send it to Jerry click this link-----> http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...071#post243071

I checked nozzle but RXT has no redius regulation of the nozzle like RXP..... How high? Is there anything in the waters path that would cause it to spray? You should be able to look into your venturi and see the cone on your pump but nothing else..

you'll need to clean out your oil pump screens too.. You have the help of alot of talented mechanic here to help.

Good luck,

Alex
    Because of very hight shipping costs it is impossible...
    How to check for sure that SC washers failed?

It's looks like big part of jet stream goes above the water!!! There is nothing strange inside nozzle... Is possible to lower the nozzle in RXT?

Try to turn the SC blade with your finger... does it keep moving or stop?

How to do it? Where can I find SC blade? Must I remove SC from the engine...?
    Sorry but I'm newbie......

Banned User

+1
    At the back of the motor in the center above the drive shaft boot there is a 3" elbow with a hose clamp on it. Loosen the clamp, pull the hose off and stick your finger in the aluminum inlet of the supercharger and see if the impeller spins freely. If it does your washers have failed.

Banned User

Website may not be suitable for small children WOT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackJack1 View Post
    How to do it? Where can I find SC blade? Must I remove SC from the engine...?
    Sorry but I'm newbie......
    You do not need to remove the SC to check if it is slipping. You only need to remove the hose to the inlet to the SC. It is the one with the removable clamp. (The discharge hose has a factory installed clamp that must be broken to remove. You do not have to remove this one to check if the SC is slipping).

Once you have the hose off, reach into the inlet to the SC and see if you can turn the blades with your fingers. If so, your supercharger clutch has failed.

Here is a picture of the hose you remove. It is hose #1.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SC.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	28313  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information