SeaDoocer

Battery Problems-Does this sound familiar?

I was at the lake today way in the back of a wilderness canyon near the dam. We ran the ski's back there and shut them off as we came up to the sand beach. Later when I went to start my ski nothing would happen. No beep, nothing. It wouldn't even light up on the gauge. After a minute or so, it did the two beeps and the dials rotated and came back but would not start. I checked the wire connections and they were ok. I checked the battery cells and they were dry! Argghhh..I have kept this ski up well but forgot to check the battery cells this spring. A fellow boater and service tech at another ski shop was there and helped me try to jump start...wouldn't start but did turnover. The code came up as P-1680 KEY and then MAINTENANCE came up and then before that it read SENSOR but never got it again. Could this have been from the battery going bad? They mentioned the battery might have shorted out. If I replace it with the Deka AMG will I have to have the MPEM reprogrammed? Any ideas? I checked the code and it said that the diagnostic connector cap might not be connected. Can you tell me where this is at? Thanks for the help.

SeaDoocer
    Any advice?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaDoocer View Post
    I was at the lake today way in the back of a wilderness canyon near the dam. We ran the ski's back there and shut them off as we came up to the sand beach. Later when I went to start my ski nothing would happen. No beep, nothing. It wouldn't even light up on the gauge. After a minute or so, it did the two beeps and the dials rotated and came back but would not start. I checked the wire connections and they were ok. I checked the battery cells and they were dry! Argghhh..I have kept this ski up well but forgot to check the battery cells this spring. A fellow boater and service tech at another ski shop was there and helped me try to jump start...wouldn't start but did turnover. The code came up as P-1680 KEY and then MAINTENANCE came up and then before that it read SENSOR but never got it again. Could this have been from the battery going bad? They mentioned the battery might have shorted out. If I replace it with the Deka AMG will I have to have the MPEM reprogrammed? Any ideas? I checked the code and it said that the diagnostic connector cap might not be connected. Can you tell me where this is at? Thanks for the help.
    get a new battery, look after your shit

SeaDoocer
    I meant, any intelligent advice?
    Last edited by SeaDoocer; 06-22-2007 at 09:08 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaDoocer View Post
    smart ass
    Damn bro.... I wouldn't even have admitted that! Let alone post it

You will need a new battery. After replacing it if your key wont work or your display is not the way it was, you will need to go to a dealer to get the correct optons back.
    The mpem will loose its memory so to speak from voltage loss or spikes. Happened to me this weekend as well, due to a technician error that I will leave unspoken to avoid the certain verbal abuse.
    Steve

SeaDoocer
    Quote Originally Posted by jawz View Post
    Damn bro.... I wouldn't even have admitted that! Let alone post it

Lol! Hey, it's not like noone else has ever done that! BTW, I did get a new Deka and she's running great now. I've had this ski for 3 summers and this is the first time i've had a problem. Towing sucks!

Thread Information