Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

it wont run at WOT

ok well i sunk my ski last summer and i have it all running great idle fine and it had a check engien code on but i have taken care of that so nothing beeping or no sort of alarms but my problem is the ski runs great at first goes right up to 8200 rpm bu then it slowly cuts its self back till it hits about 48-5000 rpms and if i hold it half throttle it will run fine but if i try and open it up it will surge and the ski will only do about 40mph any body had this problem if so let me know

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MONKEY View Post
    ok well i sunk my ski last summer and i have it all running great idle fine and it had a check engien code on but i have taken care of that so nothing beeping or no sort of alarms but my problem is the ski runs great at first goes right up to 8200 rpm bu then it slowly cuts its self back till it hits about 48-5000 rpms and if i hold it half throttle it will run fine but if i try and open it up it will surge and the ski will only do about 40mph any body had this problem if so let me know
    this is a tricky one monkey, hope you get it sorted, i'm half cut so i cant think at the moment, cheers bill

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by MONKEY View Post
    Need to purge the motor.. 1.Take out your plugs and clear the clinders, replace with new plugs.. 2.change your oil.. 3. check air intake tubes and IC for water.. 4. put it back together and test

Sounds like your intercooler may be leaking internally. Do like Alex said. check inside the tubes and I/C for water.

lol changine the plugs and the oil checking/ flushing intercooler did all that when i sunk it it was last summer i sunk it i think i have it down course there was water in the gas and i pulled the fuel pump out and it was full of shit and there was some remaining water in the pump its self i have pulled it all apart and im have cleaned every thing still need to drain the tank agin and dry it out really well ill keep you posted

i'm actually having the same problem right now....wasnt even able to ride my ski for mudbug, big disappointment.....my ski was flipped on a sun and filled the hull with water up over the sc and ended up running it about 25 mins back to the lauch till it bailed out. then on the tues. afternoon i took off from the lauch and ended up melting the crank possition sensor wire to the j pipe....to make a long and frustrating story short i tried everything i could think of for the last 6 weeks up until the fri. afternoon of mudbug to work out my problems......after my ride that fri. i noticed the new battery that i put in that morning was melting at the negative terminal and had gotten so hot as to melt the battery strap and started to burn the foam behind the MPM......best guess is the charging system on my ski is fried and back feeding into the battery maybe? the harness might me damaged also, so the next step is to yank out all the stock electronics and start fresh with a Igni Power Racing computer.....i'll let you know what we find once all the stock electronics are out and i can inspect them

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Monkey I too would guess bad gas.

well just finished pumping the tank pulled the fule pump and all aprt last night cleaned all the gunk that was built up from the water being inside the pump and i will try and run it maybe tomorrow i still need to clean the tank a lil better then we will see what happens

rocko672 i suggest pulling the pump that thing is made like a cup and that what happend to mine the water just stayed sitting inside of it and slimed up blocking everything its a wounder mine even ran the way it looked

Banned User
    +1
    AAAAAA, yu sick little monkey! mmmmmkay....

hey MONKEY ....pulling the fuel pump was about the only thing i didnt do...i put a bottle of injector cleaner and some HEAT which is supposed to get ride of water in the fuel.....i hope your problem is as simple as a dirty fuel pump but the fact that everything around my battery is melting isnt a result of a clog.....i dont wish my problem on anybody but hopefully by the weekend i'll be back on the water after JET SKI JESUS (aka GREENHULK aka JERRY) resurects my ski....lol.....good luck MONKEY

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information