Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

I think I have a Kawi dealer trying to get over on me! Help me guys!

Buying my 250X tomorrow

I think I have a dealer that likes to add bogus charges like a new car dealer....give me some advice guys.

Ski - 11,299.00

Then they want to charge me a 289.00 freight charge. That makes the ski more than MSRP by 89.00. MSRP price includes freight right?

Then they want assembly and prep charges 199.00 (and I don't want them to do anything but assemble and put it on my trailer. I will wash and remove decals/dirt myself.)

Then they want settlement and closing fee 129.00. (Paying them to do the paper work? WTF!)

Tire surcharge 2.00 (Thought you should only charge a tire charge when you have to dispose of an old tire when buying a new tire.

Help me Obi Wan Kanobi.....your my only hope.
    Last edited by UnleashedBeast; 06-18-2007 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnleashedBeast View Post
    Buying my 250X tomorrow

I think I have a dealer that likes to add bogus charges like a new car dealer....give me some advice guys.

Ski - 11,299.00

Then they want to charge me a 289.00 freight charge. That makes the ski more than MSRP by 89.00. MSRP price includes freight right?

Then they want assembly and prep charges 199.00 (and I don't want them to do anything but assemble and put it on my trailer. I will wash and remove decals/dirt myself.)

Then they want settlement and closing fee 129.00. (Paying them to do the paper work? WTF!)

Tire surcharge 2.00 (Thought you should only charge a tire charge when you have to dispose of an old tire when buying a new tire.

Sound like you went to House of Power! Lol ! They all TRY to do that stuff. Dealer cost is like $9,989 with 10% holdback. But that is really irrelevant. It is what the market will bear. If they can sell them for that, then that's what it is worth. If you are willing to travel you can find one for under $11,000 out the door (all BS included except tax.)

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by UnleashedBeast View Post
    Buying my 250X tomorrow

Ski - 11,299.00

MSRP does not include tax,tags,title, or freight

the freight charge is valid so they can cover the cost of getting the ski to them. assembly and prep is about right 2 hours of labor depending on the hourly rate

settlement and closing fee seems legit if that includes your registration and title fees in it

the tire fee dunno WTF that is but it's two dollars so don't worry bout it when you are plunking down 11g's for a ski

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    MSRP does not include tax,tags,title, or freight

the freight charge is valid so they can cover the cost of getting the ski to them. assembly and prep is about right 2 hours of labor depending on the hourly rate

settlement and closing fee seems legit if that includes your registration and title fees in it

the tire fee dunno WTF that is but it's two dollars so don't worry bout it when you are plunking down 11g's for a ski
    Nope, tax, title, and license fees were all on another line.

Sorry, I thought the freight was included in MSRP.

+1
    Offer 11,000 OUT THE DOOR. No hidden charges. Be fair, be nice. If they won't take it, then the smart thing to do is wait, and shop around. $10800 would be more fair and is what folks have paid in the OFF SEASON.

that little "got to have it" monster takes over and we just swallow whatever they feed us... I'm guilty of it.

Ebay has a buy it now for $9999.00 I think, with a few charges depending on your location from them. Might be worth checking out, it went on yesterday !!??

What do they want otd with tax, trailer(if your getting one), and all?

$9950 in Brookfield ,WI, might not work for you but thought I'd mention it for the forum.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blownhotrodder View Post
    What do they want otd with tax, trailer(if your getting one), and all?
    after everything...out the door.

$14,682.87

This includes 4 extra years of warranty, a single trailer....and I'm not liking it at ALL!
    Last edited by UnleashedBeast; 06-18-2007 at 06:20 PM.

There is a fedral "new tire tax" On all new tires sold. It is $1.00 per tire. This is a valid tax and it is one that we all pay, weather they tell you about it or not, it is there, weather the dealer makes you pay it or they pay, some on will get stuck paying the federal goverment this tax.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information