Newbie Questions..

Lookin at a 2001 Yamaha xl1200 with the following mods : Riva Ride Plate, Riva Sponsons, Upgraded Nozzle, D Plate, Sealed Pump, Solas Imepallar, Stomger Exhast, Riva Air Filters, upgraded bilge pump.

The unit looks very nice. The owner says this was built for top end speed, as it wasnt built for towing. Will this hurt the engine if I try to pull tubes, etc. It sounds like it has enough power, once you get it going.

My buddy has a 01 xl2000 with a few mods, and we pull tubes etc. It does take a bit more power to pull them out of the water, but once we get going, we are good to go. Will this hurt the new ski if we pull tubes, etc.

Also, what do you think a ski like this is worth. Its got about a 150 hours on it, and compression is perfect all the way across the board.

LEt me knw

I wouldn't think that would be a problem for pulling a tuber. Tubers are easy - it's the heavy-set slalom skiers that are tricky.

Cullman, AL
    I'm assuming you mean it's got a Stinger exhaust, not a "Stomger". That actually will help low and mid-range power more than top end, and help out with towing. From the mods listed, sounds like the only thing that would make it set up for for top end than towing would be the pitch of the impeller; ask him what he put on it. A 12/18 or a 13/19 should work great for you, it should tow great. Sounds like it's set up pretty nice, but it absolutely must have an aftermarket intake grate! I wouldn't ride it without it.

If a guy is selling it mid-summer, it might mean he's needing the money. Offer him $4K and see what he says.

Thread Information