Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

help. how do i check to see if my motor is seized.

hi my name is tony and i'm new to this forum. i just got my ski out of storage(97 xp & gtx) and tried to fire them up. the gtx fired up fine but the xp didnt do anything. no click no nothing. last summer a friend of mine fliped it and flooded the engine. i got the water out and got her running on the hose for at least 30 minute.help what do i do. what do i check first, how do i see if the motor is seized or not. thank you for replys this forum is great, i've learned alot here this past week.

how is the battery? Did you check the voltage, and do a load test?

As Lurker said, check your battery. Pull the cables off, put it on the charger overnight, get a good charge in it. If you dont wanna wait that long, you can jump it from another battery as long as the vehicle isnt running,
    If you know your battery is good, check all your grounds, make sure their all tight, check your fuses, let us know a little more so we can let you know where to go from there........BigT

the battery are new. i checked the fuses and there fine(the ones in the front of the ski).are there others that i should check? i'll check the grounds as soon as i'm done typing. thanks guys.

Hate to tell you, but having a new battery means nothing. As I have seen a lot of battery problems with a new battery. Make sure that it is fully charged, put a meter on it and check the voltage. Then when you go to crank it over see what the voltage dose. It should drop some but not a whole lot.

the battery is good. it reads 12.5, when i try to crank the volt would drop a little, but there is'nt any sound from crank or starter. thank alot so far. is there anything else i can try? how do i check to see if the motor is seized? thanks again for your replys

You should be able to turn the drive shaft over by hand, or with tool with small effort.

i just tried to spin the inpeller. stuck. will not move. how hard is it to rebuild this? or is it better to go sbt. thank for all your replys

You need to pull the spark plugs, remove the grey pto cover over the drive shaft, then try to turn it by hand. You cant do it with the plugs in trying to turn the impellor......BigT

i just tried moving it with the plugs out, but it did'nt move. just pured marvel mistry oil in the plug and will try again tomorow. i learn something new every time im on this site. thanks guys.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information