Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

Northeast PWC Group Rides for 2006

Hey Everyone,

Over the past couple months I posted on multiple PWC message forums compiling a list of e-mail addresses of those that would be interested in receiving e-mails about organized rides here in the Northeast area. It’s not intended to be anything crazy and not intended to add junk to your personal e-mail account. E-mails will be sporadic and only sent when I have worthy information to share. I’m just one of you, someone that got sucked into this “sport” and loves riding my ski in different bodies of water with different people that love rippin’ it up out there also.

SO! The first e-mail attempt was sent on Tuesday, February 7, 2006. If you wanted to be a part of this e-mailing database I compiled, you should have received the e-mail. If you did not receive it and wish to be a part of it and contacted about rides up in the Northeast, feel free to e-mail me your e-mail address so that I can add you to it. Also make sure I’m on your safe contacts list and not SPAM or BULK. (NortheastPWC@hotmail.com)

I personally am unaware of any formal recreational PWC club or organization up here, and many of you expressed that to me in an e-mail that you wished there was a better contact system and more organized rides. In previous years there was a Poker Run on the Hudson River. Seems to me we’re left with Region 8 racing events and the rest of the recreational riding is left up to us. So, hopefully this coming season will turnout to be something applaudable, and hopefully as the season and years go on we’ll get a larger outcome and potentially formal and sponsored events. I already know of one or two possible locations and business or two interested in getting events together, so hopefully I can prove to them the interest is out there in the Northeast.

****** Now to the Point! Saturday, April 22, 2006 seems like a good date for a season kickoff ride. Spoke with a few people, and this date seems pretty good. Gives the new 06 ski owners a chance to take delivery of their machines, and also gives people time to organize for the Easter holiday without a PWC ride just before it. Only ONE thing will stop us, and that’s rain because it hurts when you’re riding.

If this ride isn’t for you, is too far from home, or a bad date, then feel free to organize your own local kickoff season ride. I’d be glad to help out and get the word out there for you and keep people posted about multiple rides, both large and small.

Date: Saturday, April 22, 2006

Location: Hudson River ~~ Newburgh to Albany/Troy and back ~~ All the times I’ve ridden this part of the river, I’ve been lucky with about 200 miles round trip of a sheet of glass, so I thought it would be perfect since the water will be cold but we won’t get too wet. For some it may be a boring straight-line cruise, but it’s a good time and extremely relaxing and an amazing site to see a bunch of skis tearin’ up and down the river side by side.

Time: We will depart the launch ramp approximately 9:00am. This will give us enough time for fuel stops with a fair number of skis and reaching the destination and returning with ample time before sunset. (The clocks will be turned back ahead already = more daylight)
    Let me know on the message boards or via this e-mail if you intend on going so I can get assistance and plan accordingly for a small or large group.

Also, let me know if anyone has questions, suggestions, and ideas for the coming 2006 Season! Hope to meet many new faces and bring about the start to something BIG up here.

** Don’t forget! If you did not receive this in an e-mail and wish to be a part of the e-mailing list, send an e-mail to NortheastPWC@hotmail.com

Shibby1485 ~~ Steve
    NortheastPWC@hotmail.com

Future Rides:

April 22 – Kickoff Hudson Ride
    Mudbug II – Morgan City, LA
    Everything from Jersey City, Statue of Liberty, NYC, Hudson up to Troy
    BeachBug/Sandbug I – Ocean City, MD
    NJ Jetski Shootout – Fall ‘06
    MORE TO COME…

This is in no way directly associated with any business, message forum, sponsor, or other entity.

+1
    Got the mail and I'm so ready for the ride... Vic

Good ride you have planned. I know its quite a drive for some of you but the place to ride is the 1000 islands. The main town to stay in and start from would be Alexandria Bay, and you could literally tire yourself out riding there is so much to do, both on the American side and the Canadian side, I know there are a few guys on the Canadian side on this forum that ride up there, its a blast.

+1
    seems a few people have interest in riding there also. We'll see what we can do and hopefully get a good enough crowd together to make the drive worthwhile

Sorry I can't make this ride, but I will do my best to be at the next one! Thanks for the email as well.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy57
    Good ride you have planned. I know its quite a drive for some of you but the place to ride is the 1000 islands. The main town to stay in and start from would be Alexandria Bay, and you could literally tire yourself out riding there is so much to do, both on the American side and the Canadian side, I know there are a few guys on the Canadian side on this forum that ride up there, its a blast.
    I am all for an A-Bay ride. Let's try to get a date together.
    A-Bay has lots of rooms for folks that are travelling and some even have a launch on site.
    The night life in the bay is not bad either.

+1
    i tell ya when then... you guys do your homeowork on town names, launch ramp meeting place, and find 2 hotels or so, and make sure there's adequate fuel around A-bay...

find out that basic info and e-mail it to me. if there's any good websites that show the area and the waterways, send me those also to .. NortheastPWC@hotmail.com

i'll see what kind of interest we can get together for a ride up there and see if we can find a date for a good outcome.

+1

i

Im in for the OC MD ride...

I'm up for some of those Steve - let me know when you have dates....my calendar is already pretty full and I'd like to put days aside for riding.

whish i was home at that time so i could get my first ride of the season in early. but i will hopefully ride with some guys this summer sometime! and shibby, looks like a lot of guys are intesrted in the emails, i looked at who it was sent to and there is a pretty good list. thats good news!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information