Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel for RXP?

Fuel for RXP?

OK, recently i became interested in purchasing a 2005 RXP (two, in fact), but the problem is that nobody on the lake sells the premium gas that is recommended for the RXP, can one run regular through the rxp without detonation? Can an octane booster be used? If so, what is the best booster to use, i've heard good things about amsoil, is this true?

Any help or information is appreciated.

IF you have a cabin or house on a lake, order a large gas can ( say about 200-300 gallons) and then have premium gas delivered. That was our fix for that problem. We fill it about 3-4 times a summer(end of May thru 1st of September). I tried 8-10 5 gallon cans and haul them back and forth from town( about 10 miles each way) to muich of a headache.

Ski-guy,
    That is a great solution. I am closing on a lake house in two weeks with no gas on the lake. I have boat ramp on the property, I was planning on either trailering my 2 skis for gas everytime I needed to or filling a bunch of gas cans.

Of couse gas cans will make a mess in my van. It always does. One always leaks or I fill it up too much.

Can you give us some details like a link to buy the giant gas can and who do you buy gas from for delivery?

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    Octane boosters are shit, everybody I know who tried destroyed their engine.

On the RXP you might be saved by the knock sensor but the performance will suffer.

Go to overtons and get the gas caddy. You use to be able to run regular but it would hinder performance and it was only if you couldn't get premium. Now sea-doo is recommending premium only in the rxp. Don't use any addititives fuel or oil.

If your gas cans are leaking get news ones or close off the vent cap. If your not going to far and drive smoothly they won't swell up too much.

This is $300 and holds 28 gallons. Pretty expensive.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/over...item_num=31249

so regular gas won't harm the engine but it will diminish our performance
    is that right 11 .
    it is almost imposible to find premium gas on the lakes when going on long rides i try and calculate the distance and leave about 1/2 a tank of premium in the rxp and top it off with what ever else is available on the lake.
    is that a ok method?

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by daverxp4
    so regular gas won't harm the engine but it will diminish our performance
    is that right 11 .
    The knock sensor is a safety device IN CASE you have no choice and need to use regular fuel to make it back to the pier or if you get bad gas (happens more often than you think...) but certainly not to allow permanent use of regular fuel.

Also when you gas up your ski you never know how much 87 there is remaining in the pump from the guy who was ahead of you.

So always gas up your car/truck first, then your ski, so the pump's circuit with be full of premium...

thanks

Look in your phone book under fuel or gas. My 300 gallon tank was $650 deliverd and set up. It has a filter system on the hose and a regular gas handle. The bottom of the can sits about 2 1/2 feet off the ground and so it is a gravity feed. I did not want to hand crank out the fuel. We have 2 of the gas caddies which hold about 25 gallons each( don't quote me on this, 25-26 gallons). I lay them flat on a trailer behind my tractor and when ever I need gas I just drive up to the tank, fill the caddies and drive back to the dock. Then stand the caddies up and roll them out on the dock.
    The problem with just having caddies is that you can empty 1 in about 2+ hours of hard riding . Then you have to load it back up in your van and go to town.You can skip the caddies and just buy the large gas tank for your property, then about 6 of the 5 gallon containers and still use your tractor or golf cart with trailer to haul them down to the lake. Over a long weekend like the 4th of July we will suck almost 300 gallons between 2 sea-doo's and a ski-boat.
    You can also call your local Kerosene dealer and see if they have some old tanks about this size which have been cleaned and preesure tested for leaks. You can find these pretty cheap. Good luck looking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information