Closed mouth no get fed,...... travelboysteve's Avatar

New guy checking in,.....simple question / opinion

What's up all,.......I have 2 or 3 posts and connected with GH for some mods to my 06 RXP,.....what a great machine,.....I have a question for all of you experienced folks,....while I'm new to watercraft, I don't believe what some people have said about their machines. So, the question is this,....do unmodified yamaha's go 85 mph? I have asked 2 or 3 people, (1 @ ocean, 2 @ lake) how fast their skis go, their responses were the same,..."85 mph" ?????!!!!! Am I trippin' ? I can't tell you what make or model, but from the sound they made, I KNOW they are not modded any, if at all, cuz my RXP is louder than theirs stock, and I think, I could be wrong here, but wasn't the RXP considered one of the fastest production skis made that year?.....what's the deal,.....
    and many thanks to all the great posts, Here's my 1 and only mod so far,....makes wakeboarding a little nicer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10-19-06_1051.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	28400   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10-19-06_1050.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	28401  

Banned User
    +1
    Welcome to the boards...

#1 = they probably are dislexic, and have their numbers transposed...85/58....no worries, if they went 85 then they will know of this site and the tuners on it...You shouold have bet them on a race, go for PINKS!

#2 = i dunno about mounting that wake pylon on the plastic, thats a lot of force to be putting on that plastic...

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Welcome to the boards...

#1 = they probably are dislexic, and have their numbers transposed...85/58....no worries, if they went 85 then they will know of this site and the tuners on it...You shouold have bet them on a race, go for PINKS!

#2 = i dunno about mounting that wake pylon on the plastic, thats a lot of force to be putting on that plastic...

Whew,....for a minute there, I thought I was crazy,.....which I was called at the lake for doing 30 - 40mph spins,...but hey,...I only fell off 3 times,...(like 20 feet out) hahahaha
    The mounting,....Yeah it does look like that, but I can assure you, (which I should have posted other pics, just don't have 'em) the assembly goes through the rear, and is actually held in place by 2 aluminum "L" channels, ah, hell, I'll take another pic,.....I wasn't impressed at the factory mounting procedure, so as us "electricians" say, "I re-wired it"
    It is really strong,....I'll post the interior shot below the seat,.....I'm so stupid,....

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by travelboysteve View Post
    is actually held in place by 2 aluminum "L" channels,
    Why didn't you say so!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Why didn't you say so!
    Cuz I'm a baffoon????
    Here's some Camera pics,.....so I mounted it to the factory clip where the hull and skirt go together with stainless hardware, and then back to the actual pylon using pipe clamps. It does move a tiny bit, but the rear grab handle takes the little bit of pressure there. I have tested it on the trailer with some pretty stringent pulling, no hull flex at all, the factory set up utilizes only those 2 top bolts which seemed pretty flimsy to me.....I've used it with 200 lb guys in full suits, no probs,.....so far
    also, in the 2nd to last pic, this black piece was just sitting in there, (hull) below the rear of the seat, (great dealer service hey? just got it back from them for 10 hr service) anyway, the 2 black plastic tabs are gone, how important is this piece? it looks like it just vents air from deep in the hull to me,they just left it loose in my hull!!!....any opinions? Thanks, Steve

last pic??? My dog is a "smartypants"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo_061907_001.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	28402   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo_061907_002.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	28403   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo_061907_003.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	28404   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo_061907_004.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	28405   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo_061907_005.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	28406   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo_061807_002.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	28407  

Last edited by travelboysteve; 06-19-2007 at 02:16 PM. Reason: typo, more info

Banned User
    +1
    just take the vent out for now, unless you want to put a fanin there to suck fumes and heat out....

who's da wisenheimer? oh, the dog....always gotta be a punk, HUH!

Welcome to the forum. Tube is not necessary unless you flip the ski upside down. it probably doesnt fit correctly with your ski pole in there.

Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Tube is not necessary unless you flip the ski upside down. it probably doesnt fit correctly with your ski pole in there.
    Thanks,....
    Yeah, it's right up against it,...cool, out she goes,..uh,......I did capsize once for a brief moment,........it was the hardest sideways (wake) hit I've ever experienced,........OUCH!!!!

Thread Information