First service completed

Just had my first service done. I also had them install the steel washers. $600.00 later I am out of there. They even installed new plugs, and charged me $11.40 for "shop supplies". They charged $250.00 just for the kit and $150.00 to install it. This price did not even include the Vasaline1!! Oh well I guess I should feel better at least knowing that the SC unit shouldn't break.

+1
    Yeeeouch!!!

+1

You could've had a green wheel to go along with those s/c washers for all that $$$.

Closed mouth no get fed,...... travelboysteve's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post

You could've had a green wheel to go along with those s/c washers for all that $$$.

Hahahahahaha,.......That's EXACTLY what I'm doing this time,......plus some other goodies,.....please Jerry, call me,.....

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    What kit? Who makes this kit? What year ski you got? Sounds like to me they did a shaft upgrade and you still got ceramics. Learn to turn a wrench and save cash unless you got extra to give away.

Hey NCHeel, Not sure what kit they used. RD sounds like what I heard. The ski is a 07 and steel washers were installed. As far as turning wrenches I spent the last 40 years as a Journeyman Mechanic turning wrenches and just wanted the initial service done by an authorized dealer and figured while it was there go ahead and install the washers. A little expensive, maybe, but I'm not going to loose any sleep over it. I was just sharing my experence.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    No need to have the 10 hour service done by the dealership unless you do like I did and make them do it for free. I was still worried and double checked behind them. You need to find out what parts they put in because only a couple of people have metal washers for these skis. It also takes at max 1.5 hrs to do so they overcharged there.

+1
    man thats allot of doe

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    No need to have the 10 hour service done by the dealership unless you do like I did and make them do it for free. I was still worried and double checked behind them. You need to find out what parts they put in because only a couple of people have metal washers for these skis. It also takes at max 1.5 hrs to do so they overcharged there.
    They did only charge 1 1/2 hr for washer instalation. The shop rate here is $95.00 per hour. Welcome to Arizona. I have the ceramic washers that they changed sitting right here on my desk. Any how enough about this....

Thread Information