First Ride, couple questions...

I took out my 95 SL750 this evening, and it ran pretty darn well. I do have a couple questions though:

I hit 51MPH @ 6250RPM .. That seems normal, just want to make sure.

After doing some plug chops, I noticed the ski is running a tad rich. From what i read, this maybe OK with the stock fuel pump. I am going to upgrade to the 3 outlet pump, do you think I should also install a block off plate and pre-mix?

The exahust seems very loud to me, unless the jet is trimmed to its lowest postion. Is this common on this ski?

I noticed this ski seems to porpoise very easily. I notice a couple times at about 35MPH, trimmed middle up, it would start diving. Is there addon that could help stop this. Its kinda of annoying.

Lastly, I noticed the turning is very touchy. If I turn slighly to one side at high speed, it wants to go right back to the other side and its hard to get it back going straight. Will sponsons correct this?

Any help would be appreciated... You guys rock!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan428 View Post
    I took out my 95 SL750 this evening, and it ran pretty darn well. I do have a couple questions though:

I hit 51MPH @ 6250RPM .. That seems normal, just want to make sure.
    Operating RPM's are 6200 give or take 100, so you're looking good.

After doing some plug chops, I noticed the ski is running a tad rich. From what i read, this maybe OK with the stock fuel pump. I am going to upgrade to the 3 outlet pump, do you think I should also install a block off plate and pre-mix?
    You don't have to remove the oil injection. As a matter of fact the system works great and delivers plenty of oil, just make sure to replace the hoses and install a new pump since it's all so old.
    Replace ALL of the fuel lines and fuel switch as well.

The exahust seems very loud to me, unless the jet is trimmed to its lowest postion. Is this common on this ski?
    It does have a nice tone to it at that position. Is the water box stock (blue)?

I noticed this ski seems to porpoise very easily. I notice a couple times at about 35MPH, trimmed middle up, it would start diving. Is there addon that could help stop this. Its kinda of annoying.
    Sponsons and a ride plate will help. Do you have the extended pump on your model?

Lastly, I noticed the turning is very touchy. If I turn slighly to one side at high speed, it wants to go right back to the other side and its hard to get it back going straight. Will sponsons correct this?
    Check to see if the steering is straight in relation to the nozzle.
    Are the bars straight when motoring down the water?

Any help would be appreciated... You guys rock!
    Let us know how you make out.

After looking closely at the fuel pump, I think this might have been upgraded. Its a silver, circular, mikuni pump with four outlets, and one center outlet. Looks like there are three hoses running to the carbs too. I didn't have to make sure, does this sound like its a triple?

Also the waterbox on this is silver, and much shorter than the blue on that is on my 93.

I'm not sure if i have an extended pump, how can I tell?

+1
    After looking closely at the fuel pump, I think this might have been upgraded. Its a silver, circular, mikuni pump with four outlets, and one center outlet. Looks like there are three hoses running to the carbs too. I didn't have to make sure, does this sound like its a triple?
    It does to me, have a photo?

Also the waterbox on this is silver, and much shorter than the blue on that is on my 93.
    There's the reason for all your noise.

I'm not sure if i have an extended pump, how can I tell?
    Non extended pump and what came stock on your 95

Extended Pump has the extension #25

Does the silver water box add performance? Or can i replace it with the blue one off the 93? It's a little too loud for me.

I'll snap a photo of the pump when i get home.

+1
    Does the silver water box add performance? Or can i replace it with the blue one off the 93? It's a little too loud for me.
    Minimal and they are loud.
    I'm sure you can find somebody to buy or trade for a stock unit.

I'll snap a photo of the pump when i get home.

I have the water box off my 93, I'm sure that will fit?!?

BTW- your gallery kicks ass... this is my fuel pump.. looks like the last owner was a member here,

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...s_001.jpg.html
    DF52-92

From your photos of the extended pump on your 93 sl750, i don't think I have an extended pump. Mine does not come out that far.

Thread Information