Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

polaris 150 msx stalling

I need advice on this trouble . The machine I have starts up at first after using it a few moments and I turn it off it does`nt turn over again .I tilt it to the side and take the exhaust out of the and it starts up . when it stays in the water it won`t start up . battery is good and the fuel is good .The machine has not been flipped .

when you tilt it do you get the pump out of the water? also does it mater which side you tilt it on?

+1
    My wild shot in the dark is a bad battery, if it were mine I'd have it load tested.

msx 150 polaris staling and losing rpm ..

I usually tilt the machine to the left so the exhaust can be lifted out of the water . I had the battery tested and it was fine as I had just purchased a new one last summer . I had this problem since I purchased it new . I also lose rpm it goes only half away . Can this be from a bad impellor . Can someone help me out here . machine tops out at 40 and seems to pick up speed when it making a turn in any direction .

+1
    What did the dealer say about this while it was new and under warranty??

+1
    ok i have a few questions: did you charge and test the battery this year? did you verify the system is charging?what is you max rpm? have you ever compression checked this engine? have you ever put new spark plugs in it?

Jay

reply 150 stalling

I had the battery charged to the max , I just got a tune up done on it . I`m not too sure about the compression though . I had the local mech come out to the lake one afternon ad he could not figure it out and it has been like this for the last two years . they have changed the plugs , turbo , flushed the fuel and I also placed a new battery in it . I just checked the battery two days ago and it was at 12.4 . I also had them replace the grate as it was busted before I bought it . I did the usb under the seat and did the three tap thing and it did start up . However whe I went back to start it again it wouldn`t start up but would crank over . I also noticed alot of blue smoke coming from the exhaust .
    any suggestions would help .
    Joe

msx 150 not starting after initial start .

I have done all of the above as requeste by jay , however when I took the machine out it started up and as soon as I turned it off it would not start up agin . My rpm is only reading half away ..The dealer adised me that the impeller needed to be replaced . Can a bad impeller cause this ..the machine tops out at 35 mph ..any help would be greatful .

as jay had stated for the loss of speed. What is the MAX RPM. Push the little blue button to rpms and let us know.

+1
    stroker, where you been?? Shake machine giving you problems?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information