Thread: problem

i took my boat in cause i thought the hour meter was not working it was stuck a 4 hours, turns out they said it was ok, so they didi an oil change and service, i got the boat back and the boat is 12-15 mph slower, so i took it back and they tell me nothing is wrong with it can anybody help me.......

They might have over filled the oil,this happen to me with the dealer.The dip stick should be no more than 3/4 full between each bend when engine is hot.

I can assure you that hour meter is not accurate, my boat has gone as high as 8 hours, and has now fallen back to 5 and has held there for the past 3-4 hours of usage. Apparantly its a problem with the boat hour meters as others have experienced similar phenomenon. I would check the oil though, and what rpms where you turning at max? Your supercharger clutch might have exploded, assuming you have a supercharged boat.

Lakeland, FL
    If you were you maxing out at 6500rpms, the diagnosis is SC clutch washer failure. If you were able to spin more than 6500, my vote would also be for a little "bonus" oil the dealer gave you. Either way I would not run it again until it's fixed, both are very bad for the engine.

I wouldn't be complaining too much about my hour meter jumping back to 5 from 8! Mine has been at 5, then back to 4 briefly, then back to 5, then 6, and back to 5 briefly, then 6... but it has always moved with a consistent upward trend. Once I hit hour 8 and was running WOT most of the time, the hours went up right with the clock, though.

'07 Speedster 150 SCIC

IF I ran wot most of the time on the lake I ride on you could probably fit into a small box what would be left of my boat. I never really thought it was that choppy but apparantly its enough that anytime I have gone over 5500rpm in the middle of the lake stuff breaks or flys off. Therefore my hour meter will I guess slowly tick on...

hey speedsterpimpin

i do have a supercharged boat i was only turning at about 6600rpm at 40-42 mph how do i diagnos the supercharger clutch

hey speedsterpimpin

i do have a supercharged boat an i was only getting 6600rpm outta the boat at about 40-42 mph how do i diagnos the supercharger clutch

Bridgeport, CT
    take your intake tube off at the supercharger to give you access to the supercharger impeller. See if you can turn the impeller (multi-ridged metal fan/wheel) by hand or by gently leveraging with a non-metallic rod. If you can turn it, there's no question. Your current max rpm is pretty "tell tale" of a shot supercharger washer/clutch.

Thread Information