Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Raise Hell Eat Cornbread

OPAS block offs?

I have noticed that there are several styles of block offs. Does it matter? And if so which one is the best?

+1
    The Race Engineering block offs extend to the back of the hull; meaning they effectively put an end to most if not all porpoising. The riva pro's are 2nd in line. They are shorter because they're race legal, but I heard the RE's are going to be race legal now. The riva block up kit is simply removing the OPAS system and leaving the void in the hull uncovered. The block ups are geared more for a rec-rider I'd say. The RE's are for the rider who wants to go fast and stay planted. Riva pro's are the middle road and are race legal.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    If you do anything go RE's. All the different ones are the evolution of the OPAS removal from the block off plate to what we have today. The pro's were made shorter because at the time they weren't allowed to extend all the way to the back by the ISJBA because they might act like tabs. Since then they have changed to rules, from what we've been told. In all honesty i'm suprised Riva hasn't released a new full length set yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    The Race Engineering block offs extend to the back of the hull; meaning they effectively put an end to most if not all porpoising. The riva pro's are 2nd in line. They are shorter because they're race legal, but I heard the RE's are going to be race legal now. The riva block up kit is simply removing the OPAS system and leaving the void in the hull uncovered. The block ups are geared more for a rec-rider I'd say. The RE's are for the rider who wants to go fast and stay planted. Riva pro's are the middle road and are race legal.
    Dont forget about the J-dog fizzleroony blockoffs

+1
    LOL, thanks for the new name. Regardless of the quality or appearance they DO work. I don't think they look that bad though. However, creating them scratched up the hull a little and apparently I need a new rub rail (not because of the B/O's).

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    LOL, thanks for the new name. Regardless of the quality or appearance they DO work. I don't think they look that bad though. However, creating them scratched up the hull a little and apparently I need a new rub rail (not because of the B/O's).

nah, hit them with a hammer and a few whacks with a metal rod, they'll blend right in...

+1
    They've been hit with a hammer plenty of times
    If I was to keep them on, the mounting would have to be adjusted about .25"
    Too bad I got in on the current order of RE's

X-BOs

Hi guys,
    and there is one more......X-BO!!
    Very similat to the RE's (maybe better) and a lttle cheaper.
    Check out the pictures in the forum under NEW X-BO's.
    Anyway, RE's and X-BO's are full lenght and RIVA are about half the length.
    Cheers

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrogen View Post
    Hi guys,
    and there is one more......X-BO!!
    Very similat to the RE's (maybe better) and a lttle cheaper.
    Check out the pictures in the forum under NEW X-BO's.
    Anyway, RE's and X-BO's are full lenght and RIVA are about half the length.
    Cheers
    How are they better? They're RE block off copies. So what you made the bracing different. Get Jerry to sell them in the store then we'll acknowledge your presence.

Hi NC,
    the project came out of desperation about RE.
    I discussed the matter with Jerry directly and maybe or maybe not, Jerry will have them for sale.
    I like to develope new things or make existing things better (this is actually my profession, also not in the recreational sports sector) and made the X-BO's for myself and am currently running a very small production run, 20 to be precise
    You can imagine that at this quatity it is impossible to make any profit but I'm still proud of what I do.
    In any case I believe that I'm somehow responsible that you guys are getting your longe ordered RE now and Jerry can distribute them.
    If you look closely, shortly after I announced I would make BO's as good or better than the RE's, all of a sudden there was a official response from RE in the forum.......what a coincident (if there is such thing ) and the RE's came then very swiftly with tracking numbers, dates etc.
    I think you know where I'm coming from....
    By the way, ther is another guy here who made his own BO's while waiting for the RE's and he simply rivetted some bent steel and grinded plates in place. Not a bad idea after all. It might not look like very much but it is cheap and it should work perfect, good job!!
    Cheers,
    X

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information