Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Riva Pro intake and R-rated exhaust video

Last edited by TurboJimmy; 06-20-2007 at 08:42 PM.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Kinda hard to tell from vidoe sound, but seems louder!

Got vid of 400# superman?

Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    Kinda hard to tell from vidoe sound, but seems louder!

Got vid of 400# superman?

Not yet, that was his half brother

Any tips on resizing it or making it play in the same window?

Congratulations on your new supercharged 11k Wet Vac. Sorry bad joke....

Just be extremely careful to not hook turns to aggressive. If you do hook the nose under water then let off the throttle as fast as you can.

If you dont protect the "PRO" air intake then you might be interseted in this entry.

http://www.floridasmarthomes.com/teammoto/?cat=43

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Congratulations on your new supercharged 11k Wet Vac. Sorry bad joke....

Just be extremely careful to not hook turns to aggressive. If you do hook the nose under water then let off the throttle as fast as you can.

If you dont protect the "PRO" air intake then you might be interseted in this entry.

http://www.floridasmarthomes.com/teammoto/?cat=43
    Yeah, I read it when you posted it. If this problem turn out to be common, I would hope that Riva will address it. I have drilled my hull, cut my glove box, and shelled out well over $300. But for now, I'm happy. I pulled my IC Saturday and not a drop of water in it, plus I still have the stock steering, so maybe that will help.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboJimmy View Post
    Yeah, I read it when you posted it. If this problem turn out to be common, I would hope that Riva will address it. I have drilled my hull, cut my glove box, and shelled out well over $300. But for now, I'm happy. I pulled my IC Saturday and not a drop of water in it, plus I still have the stock steering, so maybe that will help.
    Man, $300 is not going to seem like much when it takes a gulp. Ultra250TN posted earlier that you could turn it into a performance version and i imagine you guys speak since you're in the same state.

I don't know the laws in TN, but i would not expect to see Riva standing too close behind you since they clearly have the for racing only/own risk verbage to help scrub products liability off their shoulders. You might ask them nicely to replace with the performance model...they might if you speak to the higher ranks and indicate you'll send them another say $100 to cover their mfg costs plus their K&N costs. Maybe someone here will buy your pro for discount. We're just concerned.

Sooooo, how many peeps did this post freak out?

It's easy to convert the kit. All you do is cut the pipe down and bolt it into place. I'm not freaked out, just how common is the problem? I only know of 1 instance. Surely me and Skip are not the only ones with the Pro intake

I know about the disclaimers, but I think they are really to protect against misuse, I'm not sure how much protection they would offer in a potential design flaw situation, one I'm sure Riva already knows about since it happened to Skip.

Maybe they would send a tech to my house with a new glove box, some fiberglass filler, and the bracket to convert it to the regular one. I won't even bill them for my 3 days worth of labor

Quote Originally Posted by TurboJimmy View Post
    It's easy to convert the kit. All you do is cut the pipe down and bolt it into place. I'm not freaked out, just how common is the problem? I only know of 1 instance. Surely me and Skip are not the only ones with the Pro intake

I know about the disclaimers, but I think they are really to protect against misuse, I'm not sure how much protection they would offer in a potential design flaw situation, one I'm sure Riva already knows about since it happened to Skip.

Maybe they would send a tech to my house with a new glove box, some fiberglass filler, and the bracket to convert it to the regular one. I won't even bill them for my 3 days worth of labor
    Riva is well aware of it. My Boat went down in the same race as our #80 boat for the same reason. The catch is that the Riva Pro Kit was designed and in the making before the UMI. Now we are seeing issues with them working together. So Riva says they are going to make a kit that protects the opening when using UMI. They have been extremely helpful and working with us in our findings.
    Surprisingly they took all the info they could then called back with some prototype ideas to bounce off us. They for sure are working on a fix for this issue and say the resolution will be fast and effective.

Im sure with the stock stearing playing as a shield will help. That and you probably rec ride instead of driving bumper boats like I do.

What concerns me most is the statement that you had to cut fiber glass?????? or did I read that wrong.

Where and what did you cut to fit the Pro Intake in. Mine was four small holes drilled to fit screws that held the sound / water deflector.

Just ordered my new replacment center consol. It was only around 100 bucks.
    Last edited by Skips313; 06-20-2007 at 10:29 PM.

You didn't have to cut the part on the sides of the seat bracket out?

j/k, I meant the 4 small holes, and I know it's not really fiberglass

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information