Emm 2000 Kaw Stx 1100 Di

KAW STX 1100 DI with a brand new motor, Maybe someone has had this problem. I am getting no fire, checked stator it's good, checked lan switch it's good, checked coils they are good, the injectors were checked they are good. The fuel pump was also checked its good .I sent the EMM off to a company in Alabama that rebuilds the EMM for 500.00. They tested the EMM and told me that there is nothing wrong with it. Iam getting a battery flash light when i turn the ski over, i even changed the battery. Does any one have any ideas on what is could be. Any help would be greatly helpful

+1
    Have you checked the fuses? Are the ground wires on the coils clean? How old are the plugs?

Quote Originally Posted by lc86 View Post
    KAW STX 1100 DI with a brand new motor, Maybe someone has had this problem. I am getting no fire, checked stator it's good, checked lan switch it's good, checked coils they are good, the injectors were checked they are good. The fuel pump was also checked its good .I sent the EMM off to a company in Alabama that rebuilds the EMM for 500.00. They tested the EMM and told me that there is nothing wrong with it. Iam getting a battery flash light when i turn the ski over, i even changed the battery. Does any one have any ideas on what is could be. Any help would be greatly helpful

Did you ever get it fixed and what was the problem? We are having the same problem with ours, and can you please give me the name of the place in Alabama? Thanks

same problem

i have a 2000 , 1100 di motor turns over shows low battery ( just installed new battery ) no spark and i can hear the pto injector clicking when i turn it over . when i disconnect the pto injector i get a engine light .

earl

+1

Always try another EMM

DI's are notorious for bad computers {emm}. See if you can find a working unit and swap it out. As for repairing them- don't waste your time and money. I've had to send them in more than once and also had "repaired" ones work for only a few hours before they go bad again. In my shop any DI that comes in gets a new computer plugged in before anything else is checked, and this saves a lot of diagnostic time.

Shindog
    I have the exact same issue, new EMM, (but it's not brand new) swapped out EMM and injectors, still have the BATT symbol and periodically a check engine light. Ski will run but dies after awhile. Any suggestions? Does anyone have the pin out for the Kadig software? Or a cable they wanna sell?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

do you have a factory manual ?

Thread Information