Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Great even more help

So I got the motor in last night (mostly) and I wanted to make sure it would at least fire for a second. Well It cranks over well but would not fire. I pulled a spark plug wire and put a new plug in it and checked for spark. There is none. It was supposed to be a running motor and I am using my electronics, which if you remember from my first post where full of water. So trying to trouble shoot my way through it, I found ground to all of the coils steady and no power pulse to make them fire. I found the box was grounded and had power to at least the point I thought it should ( I think red wire blue stripe). The box looks like it should be able to be under water and be OK the CDI (not sure if thats what you guys call it) box looks completely sealed as do the coils. I checked out the kill button and it seems to work funny. Not like a snowmobile at all more like a dirtbike that you have to hold it until the motor shuts off. There is no click to it. The other thing I am looking for is a tether cord I cant seem to find one this too would prevent spark as far as I can see. Is ther a way to bypass or check the kill switch to eliminate that as a cause? Is there a tether cord? Anything I should check in the electronics box before I hit the internet looking for more parts. I bought this thinking it was a decent deal but after buying every part for the thing one at a time I might as well have bought a used ski. Sorry was venting there.

PS I have found a bunch of CDI boxes on Ebay. Is there any reason my SL650n boc wouldnt work with the 750 motor?

+1
    In the tech section you will find the procedure for checking spark and the components involved. You will need the tether or a way to hold the stop button out in order to get spark.

OK maybe thats my issue where is the tether or stop button located? Sorry to seem stupid but I am new to PWC's I only assumed it needed a tether because if you fall off and alot of snowmobiles have one. Does it somehow pry the stop button out? That would explain why it works the way it does. A snowmobile you just hit it and it shuts off. I would assume some sort of fork that ges behind the switch to hold it out?

Yes thats exactly what it is.
    http://www.partsland.com/index.cgi?N...ING-ASSEMBLY-1
    Im not sure what model you have and how they differ from yr to yr
    Last edited by polarispa; 06-21-2007 at 10:34 AM.

OK you can all stop laughing now LOL What a dumbass I will try that when I get home, hopefully that is all that was the problem. Dont tell everyone will yah

+1
    Yep, 12 into 7. Nobody is laughing.

+1
    I am!!!!

Its my own fault I tried pushing on it and wiggling it I thought it was broken I was like how does this thing work you hold in on it to shut it off? Well maybe I can get some spark now.

Jug Inspector
    It's ok - every time we go out my girlfriend puts the tether on the choke and asks me why it won't start. She's been riding basically the same ski (SL/SLT) for a year.

Bryan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information