Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Stock water pressure?

Does anyone know the water pressure coming from the stock pump feeding the engine. Any ideas on how to measure? (gauges etc.)

fabrication guru rapidacceleration's Avatar
    +1
    just curious why???

the pressure should drop once the thermostat opens

Daniel,

your just the guy I need to speak with sent a PM.

Brent

+1
    what Brent and I are trying to find out is the amount of water pressure coming in on the pump inlet that runs into the ic and then runs into the exhaust. The reason why is because we are trying to use the Skat mag pump out of the XPL's with the 2 peice RR dshaft. If anyone has ever tested the little yellow washer thingy that goes in between the pump and the transon you will know what we are talking about. I have tested that yellow washer thingy before and have found that the diameter of the washer is very important, Glen a Skat has told us the same thing, that if you use their mag pump with the RR shaft, you need to regulate the water pressure or it will effect the performance.

Well this opens up another question:
    Since I installed a Riva IC on my originally non-IC 185HP GTX SC, would I have to change that restrister washer? I believe there are 2 types, yellow and Red, I have the red one that came from the factory.

Has anyone figured out why the RXP/RXT has a dif washer than the GTX`s?...PR...

a simple pressure guage from the plumbing dept at home depot installed inline will give you the exact pressure. I've been told that it's 35-60 psi on the older 2 stroke ski's if that would give you an idea of what range the guage needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    Well this opens up another question:
    Since I installed a Riva IC on my originally non-IC 185HP GTX SC, would I have to change that restrister washer? I believe there are 2 types, yellow and Red, I have the red one that came from the factory.

Has anyone figured out why the RXP/RXT has a dif washer than the GTX`s?...PR...
    Does anyone know the dif between the 2? larger or smaller orfice maybe?...PR...

+1
    yes, yellow is for the RXP-RXT pump pressure and the red is for the GTX

If it was me Id maybe run a 2nd cooling line just for the ic, but thats alot of work. Maybe use the OPAS fitting on the nozzle to run to the IC??????

+1
    Another thing that might have a effect on the pump pressure is the 9000 RPM's pump pressure vs. the 8400 RPM pump pressure. You got a whole lot more pressure when it jumps like that, dont want to dump to much water into the exhaust at high RPM's, or maybe you do??????

This is great, does anyone want to know what the weather is going to be like next month, I mean since Im trying to predict the furture, I might as well do the weather

Quote Originally Posted by JD 1
    yes, yellow is for the RXP-RXT pump pressure and the red is for the GTX

If it was me Id maybe run a 2nd cooling line just for the ic, but thats alot of work. Maybe use the OPAS fitting on the nozzle to run to the IC??????
    I would guess that it wouldn`t have the same output/pressure, and ski would have to be moving to circulate sufficient flow vs an idling engine already flowing water to cool exhaust components!?

But what is the dif, more HP+ more cooling? not comparing to the auto days, but going from small block to big block resulted in a larger capacity cooling system. I`m wondering if the factory units with the stock intercooler, the hose routing creates a restriction thus larger orfice for better flow, I wouldn`t think that the RXP/RXT restrictor would be smaller, but slowing down flow could absorb more heat, I dunno!?...

I`ll have to take a look in the manual and see if there are size differences...PR...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information