Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Problems Ordering Parts ??

I just got off the phone with one of the forum suggested parts companies. I was hoping I could call in with the year and model and get part numbers for what I was looking for or order it right at that time on the phone. This doesn't seem to be the case. It sounded as if they did not want to be bothered. I was also told there are no returns on special order parts. Are there some other companies that are a little more customer friendly in dealing with newb's to ski's? I remember calling Watcon a couple of weeks ago and they seemed very friendly and eager to help. I think I will try and give them a call now.

Thanks

+1
    Rick, it would help to know who it is so we can make sure all is good.
    If there's a problem we all need to know about it or it will go uncorrected.
    Did you tell them you were a Green Hulk member?
    You're right, Randy is awesome!!
    You can also look up your own part numbers at
    polaris industries
    atlantic powersports
    and some others.

I have got to agree with you Rick. I placed an order the other night going by the recomendations here, and I dont plan on useing them again.

I placed my order via internet order. When I placed my order there was a comment box so I mentioned I was a member here and what not and explained I wasnt sure but was under the assumption there was a discount as to being a member here. Also it stated on there order that if there was anything wrong that I would be contacted. I placed the order Sunday night after recieveng great answers here as to which was best for me.

I had recieved the email right away about order confiramation and what not. Well come Tuesday I hadnt heard anything about it being shipped and didnt notice anything on my bank account. So I sent a pm here to see if I can get any information(provided order # for quick ref.).

Come yesterday when I got home I thought I would call them on the phone. Well after several minutes on hold they came back and asked if it was an online order. I figured they would have known that by the order number and looking it up I had already procided. Well they found my order and inform me that they got to order it and they wont get it untill Tuesday the 26th and then would have to send it to me from there.

Even as of now I still hjave yet to recieve a response from the pm I sent or have even been billed so who knows if I even get the order.

Although I did after talkeing to them call someone else to see if they had the part or could help some how. And they were more then willing to help and talked to me for a few minutes and explained things about the specific part and etc. Very nice person and helpfull. Thank you Randy

But I wont order from the first vendor I spoke of ever again. Im not posting there name here as I dont want to slander them incase it was a slip up, as several other members here are very happy with them. But in the end all it would have taken was communication.

while we are on vendors i ordered from a&d discount performance on the net and the turnaround time was horrrrible almost 1 month to get parts

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Just curious about the parts you guys were ordering? Special orders, like what? Please, maybe we can steer you towards someone else?

I was looking to order a flush kit, fuel lines, fuel pump rebuilds for both ski's, carb rebuild kits for the 780SLX, and maybe some other stuff. I had questions reguarding the correct carb and fuel pump rebuild kits for my ski's. I was asked if it was round or some other shape. I remember one having five sides to it but I can't remember what the other looked like. The ski's are an hour away from where I live during the week. Besides that doesn't sound like a very accurate method of ordering parts that can not be returned. I was refered to an online diagram to look up the part numbers myself. I was also wondering what the difference was between the quick disconnect flush kit and the regular flush kit and was the Q/D worth it. I wanted to verify something about the fuel line vs. pulse line and how much was needed. Some forum members already helped me with that one. I didn't get too far past the first question. I figured since I had to get back online and look up the part numbers then call back there was no point. I'm maybe a little spoiled by my auto parts vendors that look up the parts for me by model and can get it all done with one call. I feel a lot more comfortable if they know the correct model and check the part numbers themselves especially when there are no returns on special orders. Then if a mistake is made it won't be my fault. I also didn't want to mention business names because I'm not into bashing vendors. Sometimes paying a little more is worth it. No big deal. I was really just looking to get the names of some other vendors. It seems like polaris owners are somewhat limited. I'll give a call to the others that are on the forum list.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickreeves1 View Post
    I was also told there are no returns on special order parts. Thanks
    I am not taking sides but, I don't know of any Polaris Dealers that will take returns on special order parts. Is it possible that you were refered to the online diagram to confirm that the replacement part looked like the one you were replacing?

It might also be worth noting that some venders are closed on Mondays so that might have something to do with a delay in weekend online orders.

Like I said, I am not taking sides. I agree customer service is a premium. I spent 7 years in the auto parts business and get pi$$ed off every time I goto a parts store for an "off the wall" part that I know they can get, but don't want to spend the time to look up.

+1
    Well I hate to say this BUT since you guys won't state the names of the companies at the root of your problems this thread is worthless.
    The vendor can't let us know what happened.
    We can't make sure it doesn't happen to the next guy.
    The vendor can't make improvements if they don't know there's a problem.
    If it's a vendor I like, I'd sure like to let them know personally that some thing(s) are slipping through the crack.

Most of these vendors are VERY active within the Polaris community and offer a lot of their personal time to make things happen.
    Somebody PM me if you don't want to publicaly state a business name.
    Let's not let this turn ugly but use your experience as a stepping stone for something better.

www.springbreak-florida.com rgard32's Avatar
    should have a buyer/seller feedback section in the polaris section??

+1
    No. As a matter of fact I'm just going to start deleting the negative reports as they are usually unfounded and if we can't here both sides of the story it's just a waste of everybodies energy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information