Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: J-Wadds yamaha

Talking J-Wadds yamaha

Hi,I am buying a 2000 GP1200 and a 2000 ltd 1200 limited.Both skis have about 35 hours on them.Is there anything I should look for in particular?Are these good skis?What price should I pay for them with a double trailer and covers?Anything you can tell me about them would be appreciated I am new to these but have four wheelers and snowmobiles.Please fill me in.

I would say a fair price is around 9000. sounds like low hours. can't go wrong with either one if the price is right.

welcome to the Forum

james

Hi,I bought them both for 7500 yesterday.Thanks for your reply.I am hoping to go today and get them on the water.I am in Upstate NY and we had some really bad wind and tornadoes even I will need to go to my camp and make shure its still there.Are there any ishues with either of them that I should check out.I seen somewhere on here you should make shure the oil hose is secure on the GP is it the same for the Limited also?What happens do they fall off?

+1
    Welcome to the forum!!

Sounds like you got a great deal! Those are both great skis with incredible potential. Keep us posted on everything.

Hi,Thanks for your reply.I will be shure and keep you posted.I here on the 7 and 8 of July there is a race in Rochester NY are any of you going?I will try and post some pictures on here.My last ski was a 1996 GSX how will these compare to that?I cant wait to get them on the lake.

+1
    welcome to the forum !!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by j-wadd View Post
    Hi,I am buying a 2000 GP1200 and a 2000 ltd 1200 limited.Both skis have about 35 hours on them.Is there anything I should look for in particular?Are these good skis?What price should I pay for them with a double trailer and covers?Anything you can tell me about them would be appreciated I am new to these but have four wheelers and snowmobiles.Please fill me in.
    Sounds like you got a killer deal for $7500..welcome to the forum!

Hi Thanks for all your replys.Now what do I do to the GP for more top end?Impeller?Intake grate?Exaust?Filer?Is a skat trac 17/22 for a 155mm going to work on mine?Will it make it faster?

I've had great advice from the guys on this forum! My XL1200Ltd now has WAVEATER clips and on the powervalves (an absolute MUST-DO if you don't want to have a wrecked top-end through dropping a PV) and I've added their PV couplers too, as the OEM ones' are too flexible (ie CR#P!). The electrical connectors under the front storage bucket all needed a good clean (especially the ones to the powervalve servo), and this cured the valves from suddenly closing when they felt like it! In the UK we don't have the CatCon fitted in the exhaust, and it sounds like you guys have loads of problems with them, so dump that and fit a 'D' plate in its' place (it's just a deflector to maintain the back-pressure essential in a 2 stroke exhaust system) and you'll need a resistor to 'fool' the overheat sensor into thinking that the cats' OK, when it's really lying in the junkyard! The carbs on mine were also way out of sync and adjustment, and it ran like cr#p, but I fitted a reconditioned set from Jims in Florida (I couldn't adjust the originals as they were too corroded) and it now FLIES! Check to make sure the accelerator pump isn't seized (it's on the rear top end of the carb bank), as mine wouldn't start at all when mine was stuck! If you run in salt water, try to lubricate the adjusters with anti-seize grease, especially the Hi-speed ones, as they are on the top of the carbs and get corroded easily. I was out last week in Blackpool, and a guy with a 12 month old Yamaha FX was only just able to pass me (about 3mph in it!). He was well p##sed off that his £12,000 toy couldn't outrun my £3000 worth!!! Enjoy, and don't be put-off by how tricky the engine bay looks, everything is fairly easy to get to with that blo#dy exhaust out of the way! Make sure the battery is fully charged before you try to start it after a week without it running though, as they are a bit of a pig to start, and soon flatten the battery. I find it starts best with - A couple of seconds on the starter with closed throttle and full choke, then 'blip' the throttle fully open and closed every 2-3 seconds until it starts, then get that choke pushed back in before it gets flooded.

dont use these machines before you fix the oil lines! they have a tendicy of pulling off the carbs while sitting up! also taking out the topend!
    im not upstate ny but i see more oil lines off than pv failures these days
    back in 99-04 it was pv failures though
    jason

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information