xp bogging down at WOT

i have a 1993 sea doo xp and i just rebuilt the carbs....i replaced all the gasketes diaphrams and cleaned the whole thing but i didnt mess with the pop off because i didnt have a guage, so i took it out the the lake today and it was a little rough on the start but after it warmed up the low end and mid range were a whole lot better than i remembered before but when i went WOT after about 10 seconds it would bog down and almost die....

but that didnt really bother me that much because i could still go 3/4's throttle but what did bother me was that i had this problem before and i just rebuilt the carbs and before it did get worse and it probably will get worse again as time goes on. but then if i cut it off it would be really hard to start up again so i would have to feather the throttle. (my friend has the same exact ski and itle start right up if its cold or warmed up without throttle or anything.....) i talked to my neighbor and he said he thinks its my pop off and its too high,,,and i need to go back through the carbs. but i thought that pop off affects starting up, and then from idle to 1/4 throttle, but could this also be the reason for my bogging?

any help will be apreciated this i just bought this ski about 3 weeks ago and its been giving me alot of trouble the past few days.

thanks
    David

+1
    Does that motor have RAVE valves?

whats that.....lol
    are you talking about the rotary valve?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by ugadawg131 View Post
    i have a 1993 sea doo xp and i just rebuilt the carbs....i replaced all the gasketes diaphrams and cleaned the whole thing but i didnt mess with the pop off because i didnt have a guage, so i took it out the the lake today and it was a little rough on the start but after it warmed up the low end and mid range were a whole lot better than i remembered before but when i went WOT after about 10 seconds it would bog down and almost die....

but that didnt really bother me that much because i could still go 3/4's throttle but what did bother me was that i had this problem before and i just rebuilt the carbs and before it did get worse and it probably will get worse again as time goes on. but then if i cut it off it would be really hard to start up again so i would have to feather the throttle. (my friend has the same exact ski and itle start right up if its cold or warmed up without throttle or anything.....) i talked to my neighbor and he said he thinks its my pop off and its too high,,,and i need to go back through the carbs. but i thought that pop off affects starting up, and then from idle to 1/4 throttle, but could this also be the reason for my bogging?

any help will be apreciated this i just bought this ski about 3 weeks ago and its been giving me alot of trouble the past few days.

thanks
    David
    The ski might be starving for gas at WOT, make sure the fuel lines have no leaks, and open the high speed adjusters on both carbs one turn.

If you're running rich the problem will get worse, your problem happened to me, and it was a feul delievery problem, lack of fuel at WOT.

fine line between a bog/rich and a hesitation/lean.

pop-off has nothing to do with WOT, pop-off deals with the transition circuits going from the low circuit to the high circuit.

I'm no way a shop expert, but I've been thru allot.
    Last edited by ski pimp; 07-10-2008 at 11:56 PM.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    Does that motor have RAVE valves?
    Unless the motor has been swapped for a newer one, it is not equiped with RAVEs, they were introduced on stock boats in 95 on the XP800 limited

Thread Information