Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up taken advantaged of but found my way

Hello everyone IM new to the hulk but I do have a little story to tell. Back in may I purchased a 1993 SL 750 1st jet ski I ever owned. Pick it up fairly cheap. I was told that the ski ran good but the carbs just needed to be cleaned. I am not familiar with these engines but figured I would buy a tech. book. but any way got it home went thru it, new plugs new battery, fresh gas and oil. and it ran perfect, on the trailer. Decided to put it in the water and really get the feel of it. While riding it would bogg right down and stall out. Brought it back to the trailer pulled the plugs and found water in the heads.Turns out this guy never winterized it and either a gasket is no good or a crack in the case. Still not sure? But I got a call from a friend that told me he knows of a 1994 SL 750 thats for sale and knows, it in perfect condition. Turns out it was at SHARPS MARINE . So I bought it and I'll tell you, this ski flies. It would do 52 mph and to me thats perfect for a newbie but the 1993 had a hot seat waterbox and I switched them. Now im getting 54.9 mph and that I like more and it sounds great. I would just like to say THANK YOU TO RICHIE AT SHARPS MARINE AND I greatly appreciated their service and their honesty.
    Last edited by jmule98; 06-21-2007 at 09:26 PM. Reason: adding more

Mule, welcome to the Green Hulk Forums!

I wouldn't give up on the 93. It could be just a quick fix. There are plenty of cheap parts to be had for that thing. The only thing better than one good running ski is two good running skis!

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk. I believe those guys are good people to deal with. Let me ask you, on that waterbox did you GPS test the MPH or go by the speedometer? We're looking for PROOF that a waterbox does any real good.

+1
    Hi mule, WELCOME to the green Hulk Forums!!!
    Great boys at the Sharp's..............Oh and Tammy and Kay as well.
    Yeah, tell us more about the 93, did it hydro-lock with all that water in the cylinders??

I used the speedometer. Do you think their not acurate?

Hi PH2Ocraft im not real sure what hydro lock is but nothing siezed up everything seems to move freely I lost compression in the cylinders 1 is down to about 80 the other 2 are about 110. I was told that crankcase most likely has a crack in it because of the amount of water that was getting in there. I would love to rebuild it but I cant seem to find a case for a 1993 SL750. Sharps said I couldnt use a newer model because the water intake goes thru the case on that year and the newer models go thru the top and not in the case. So if you know of anyone with a 1993 case and maybe a crank please let me know. CHEAP
    Last edited by jmule98; 06-22-2007 at 04:04 PM.

+1
    You can use any case 650,750,780.and just reroute the water lines.

Beer is correct I thought Sharp's would know that?

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    You can use any case 650,750,780.and just reroute the water lines.
    Sharps didnt say the model, only the year and he did know that but tried to make it easier on me since I dont now that much about these engines

+1
    mule, somebody here can always let you know how to route the water, no biggie. Have the cases pressure tested and see if they are indeed cracked, they might be just fine and your problem lies elsewhere.
    It might be the engine had a different issue such as fuel supply, over-heat, etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information