10 hour service from dealer

well I just had my 10 hr. service and guess what? It was pricey and they overfilled my RXP about 1/4 an inch over the top line. I wanted to make sure that my 07 had its check up per dealer for the 10 hour. I called up the service manager and told him that they overfilled my RXP and he told me to run the ski for about a minute to warm up and to make sure that it was on level ground. I did that and it was still above the top line.

So I ended up using my oil extractor that I use for my jetboat and I removed about 1/2 to 2/3 of a quart. I only checked my oil level because I was scanning through here last nite and saw a post about a ski not getting full power and low top end. This has to be one of the best forums out there for PWCs.

BTW I paid about $270 for my 10 hr. ouch.... but hey I will be doing my own after this one. Anybody out here in the SF Bay Area that wants to go riding? None of my buddies have boats or skis so I usually ride solo. I like going to Berryessa, Delta,Camanche,Don Pedro. Holla @ your boy

+1
    I paid 260 for my 10 hr service, have you swapped out the ceramic SC washer for metal ones?

+1
    We go to Beryessa all the time. We will be there during the 4th of July. I hate the dumb dealerships. I hope it was not one of my accounts in the bay area that did that.

10 hour check

10 hour service on my GTI SE. Folks are all nice at the dealership but confused. Cost me $180. Will do my own maintenance from now on.

What scared me most was when I walked through the shop. It was a disaster. I don't understand how anyone could find anything. The two bay shop looked more like a trash dump. That did not instill confidence on them working on my equipment.

I think you can tell the quality of the work by the way the shop is maintained.

My problem is it's the only Sea-Doo dealership for quite a few miles.

Has anyone else checked out the shop area of their dealership?

LRC

+1
    irc Welcome to the fourm.

It was a dealership in concord,ca. The guys are super cool but prices are high and they were not as thorough as I would have thought. I am actually going to replace the washers soon. I just dont have the time to pull the SC out.

I will be placing a order through Jerry for the "Green" wheel and ceramic bearings while he does the washer replacement. Hopefully I can send it to him within a couple of weeks. I figure since he has to take off the wheel to replace the washers, why not replace the wheel too.

+1
    Do it now or don't ride! I pulled my SC to change washers at 16 hours and they were gone on my RXT. Oh and he doesn't have to remove the wheel but sense he already has it I got it.

Thread Information