Thread: All these mods?

All these mods?

How come with all these mods It doesnt seem like anyones ski is that fast here? I mean the ultra suposally goes 67-69 stock right, I saw mine do 67 on gps, Id think they would be seeing way higher numbers... Anyone know of a fast ultra after all these mods??? Just wondering before I even bother to bring it in for some..

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Most Ultra's run 64-67 stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicedrop25 View Post
    How come with all these mods It doesnt seem like anyones ski is that fast here? I mean the ultra suposally goes 67-69 stock right, I saw mine do 67 on gps, Id think they would be seeing way higher numbers... Anyone know of a fast ultra after all these mods??? Just wondering before I even bother to bring it in for some..
    Do you think a cold air intake and waterbox back exhaust are a lot of mods?

Its just that I normally get my ski all hooked up with a couple grand and Im debating if its gonna be worth it with the 250, My gp1300 seemed like it was alot faster with just a lil bit of mod... Are you guys satisfied with its speed or should I get another 1300 and hook that up, can always make the 250 like a cruising with waves in your face ski lol.. Such a wet ride too. So heavy its like a torpedo.

i had both a gp1300 and the ultra 250 and i think it depends where you ride

if you are always in real calm water , trick out the gp1300 . if you ride where it is rough get the ultra

for example my slow 67 mph ultra beat a 73 mph gp1300 badly over and over again in a channel that was pretty calm but had some boat wakes

i also have a bunch of wins over rxp's , the ultra is unmatched in the rough stuff

an ultra with the pump wedge isnt bad as far as spray in your face .

line up an ultra and a gp in a 2 foot chop and see if the few sprays you get in your face matter when you run away from the gp

you will run away from the gp so badly that you cant see him anymore , not because of the spray in your face but because he is a thousand feet behind you

My gp1300 seemed like it was alot faster with just a lil bit of mod...

what was it doing on gps ?

how much money did you spend on mods ?

Its just that I normally get my ski all hooked up with a couple grand and Im debating if its gonna be worth it with the 250, My gp1300 seemed like it was alot faster with just a lil bit of mod... Are you guys satisfied with its speed or should I get another 1300 and hook that up, can always make the 250 like a cruising with waves in your face ski lol.. Such a wet ride too. So heavy its like a torpedo.

Dude, do you even own a 250? I have read all of your posts and they all dog the ski. You talk about a wet ride, getting beat by GP1300's in the ocean (bs), blah, blah, blah. Do you now or have you ever ridden a 250 or are you just here to make trouble?

Thumbs up

My ski stock ran 67.0 GPS..
    I spent $257.00 bucks and can run 69.5 GPS...
    That is the cheapest 2.5 MPH I know of.....
    He has no 250X....Just a wannabee....................... ..

+1
    I have a little over 500 bucks in my mods (that includes an intake I just orderd) If diceman wants to spend a few grand, by all means do it. I don't think you will have to spend that much untill someone comes out with an ECU... You know that will be big bucks.

Its funny when people compare their sport 2 seaters to a cruiser 3 seater. Shows how capable the barge really is. And you said "a couple grand on the gp", their isnt even hardly 1g worth of mods out yet. Takes time to develop mods ya know.

Thread Information