Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

15f fuel question

i was wondering if anyone knew what kinda of efi we have on these things. open or close loop? if closed does it have a mass air flow sensor, air temp sensor, a combination of the two. or does it just rely on O2 sensors. either way how much fluctuation will this allow for added air.

another question anyone know how many cfm of air the 15f eates at WOT(Stock of course.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by racingtrx450 View Post
    i was wondering if anyone knew what kinda of efi we have on these things. open or close loop? if closed does it have a mass air flow sensor, air temp sensor, a combination of the two. or does it just rely on O2 sensors. either way how much fluctuation will this allow for added air.

another question anyone know how many cfm of air the 15f eates at WOT(Stock of course.

I'll have to look to see if there is a fuel return line, that will tell you if it's open or closed loop. NO mass air sensor or O2 sensors. Just a temp sensor in the exhaust manifold. Not sure how much adaptability this setup has or how much CFM a stock motor sees. There's no way to really test it, just ballpark it by power, motor size, rpm etc.

well thanks for the help. only a temp sensor on the exhaust. seems inconsistant at best. after all fuel type, quality,octane, manufactures additives can all play into the actual burning temp. anyone ever run these on an air/fuel sniffer?

+1
    Supposedly Macc racing is working on a tuning device. Maybe give them a call and get the scoop on it. They might be able to give more detailed answers too.

i have just been wondering the same thing
    a N/A engine sucks in its air and it draws it in at just below atmospheric pressure about 14psi so if you have a boost of 4psi thats 4psi above atmospheric pressure
    and every 1 psi of added pressure is approx 8hp
    ive been trying to think of a way to boost the air pressure up to the engine but i dont now how much boost it would need before you would have to start modding pistons and ecu

I think it has already been suggested before but try one of those electric supercharges. It just may help maybe theres someone on here that has one on their car and they can vouch for it.

i have been toying with the turbo idea. i have a innovate wideband o2 setup that loads right into my laptop to show realtime afr. I have used it to street tune numberous 600+whp hondas. what should the stock air/fuel ratio be?? thanks-

thats why im asking these questions. i have an electric sc sitting on my workbench. instead of using it im planing on getting some real sc internals and machining my own sc and pulleys. i want lite boost for 93 octane only.i personally cant afford $6+ for 110 octane for my ski. not to mention i cant justify ruining the rec aspect of my ski for an 85mph top speed i would be more then happy with a 75+ ski running on 93 octane with a mean hole shot. i thing 2-3 lbs of boost would be safe. im talking to a guy about the sc and he says we need to do a cylinder pressure test ect to find the boost to octane ratio. he said 2-3 should nbe reasonable on a stock cam manybe mroe with a higher lope race cam. as for 1psi for 8hp that maybe a standard of what to expect is that per cylinder?

sounds like a great idea- check into vortec or any brand fmu (fuel management unit). I used to run a jackson racing supercharger on an intergra gsr. The engine was stock w/ stock fuel injectors. A FMU raises fuel pressure according to boost. So as boost pressure rises, so does the fuel pressure. I have been thinking that this setup would also work on the 15f. I am toying with running a very small sized turbo. I was simply going to weld on a turbo flange about half way up the exhaust and bolt on the turbo. With only running 3-5lbs of boost, I dont think an intercooler would be mandatory. I was probably going to run the xs power intercooler the rxp guys run. For fuel, i was just going to try a FMU. I also have heard MACC racing is coming out with an engine control unit, but im not sure how $$$$$$$ that will be. I know of several guys who have ran turbos on hondas with just an fmu. It is not uncommon to take an Acura integra ls w/ maybe 120whp. Bolt on a turbo kit w/ fmu and see 200whp at 4-5lbs on boost. I think that turbo idea for you would be alot cheaper.

turbo flange- $50
    weld on flange- $50
    turbo w/ internal wastegate- $200-$500+++
    intercooler- $200
    piping- fab my own- $200
    fmu- $150

i just want to know what stock air/fuel ratio is. You could easily mount a wide band afr gauge on the ski. AEM makes very nice ones that i run in all my hondas for $300.

If you could figure out a way to do it then you would be able to sell thousands of them to 15F owners all over the world and it should out run stage 1 or maybe even stage 2 rxps at least on the holeshot. TRX450 I pmed you about one of your intakes?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information