+1

Buying a new ski, but what?

I'm trying to narrow down my option on buying a new ski. If the 08 polaris matrix was out, it would be a no brainner. I"ve rode the Rxp, Fx12 turbo and thr Rxt. I'd like to try the Ultra 250 and the Gp1300. I like the honda Fx12 turbo. It was low to the water and felt like my Msx. I 'm a Like speed and reliablity. What would you buy if your wife would let you? Mines is being awesome, or does she just want my Msx.

+1
    If you could find an 04 MSX140 with low hours they a very sound and you rarely hear of a break down. Pretty damn reliable ski in my book.

Next or since I already have a few.........I like the Yami HO, it feels the most like the MSX in terms of ergonomics and the reliability is also stellar.

If money were no object and I didn't mind the fuel consumption with unknown reliability (I doubt it's a factor BUT......) I'd run the Ultra 250. It has to be the most comfortable high speed ugly water smashing beast out there.

If I wanted something sportier with excellent speed and injection with reliability as well, it'd be the Yami 1300R for me.

Lots of good choices for the rec rider right now, good luck and let us know what you chose.

Well I went from and still owen a couple of Polaris to a F12X and I love it!!!! There also is some room for improvment. It is not the fastest on out there but it is a Honda wich makes for a very relible craft, and it dose get the best fuel econmey out of the "fast three" skies. I am planning on doing some simple mods. on the Honda in the next few months as like I said there is more power to be had out of this machine. I am even thinking of selling both of my Polaris and buying another one!!! Though I will probley wait until this winter or spring to do so.

+1

Bought RXT

Well I bought the RXT and am still in the 10 hour break in period. I wish that Polaris still made ski's. I feel like I am cheating on my MSX, but these days a warranty is what keeps the ski's running. If the tools were available for the true fix it guys, than I wouldn'ta have bought a new ski for awhile longer.

Having recently decided to replace my polaris I went through the same exercise, i discounted the yamaha FX and Ultra as they were too big and heavy for MY desires. (I have nothing against these or any craft so no shouting please)

I discounted the RXP as the fuel consumption was too much (UK prices!), and was told it is not the best on the sea.

Settled on the Kawasaki STX 4 stroke, suits me fine not too heavy, economical, extremely reliable, and has a "sporty hull" not a cruiser, i.e. I can throw it around and jump waves etc, and all though it was'nt on my list of desires I have found it comfy enough for thoose long cruises.

Just my thoughts

+1
    Chris, was the Honda ever in your selection?
    It seems like it would have met your requirements as well??
    Light (todays standards), easy to toss around, ergonomically comfy, frugal on the fuel etc.

Honda is not properly represented here in the U.K in PWC anyway, otherwise it would have been on my consideration list, I work in construction a lot of our small equipment is honda powered, it takes a hammering and keeps on going!.

Mind you my first introduction to polaris was the 6 x 6 utiltilty vehicles and that influenced my decision to purchase an MSX150. So maybe best to view things seperatley!

Thread Information