+1

Angry Yamaha Graphics Dont Match!!!

I just ordered a new decal for my 01 gp120R the big one that covers the front right side,when i got it home and took it out of the tube it was about 5 shades lighter on the blue and 5 shades darker on the silver,,it looked like it did`nt even go on my ski,,,the dealer took it back (refund) so now what?
    dont yamaha have diferent warehouses they pull orders from?
    i was thinking maybe these were just a newer batch,i tried to figure out what warehouse it came from so i could maybe find some darker blue ones to match my ski but did`nt have any luck,,,any ideas what to do?,,does yamaha have a customer service number?
    Last edited by jeff007; 06-22-2007 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff007 View Post
    I just ordered a new decal for my 01 gp120R the big one that covers the front right side,when i got it home and took it out of the tube it was about 5 shades lighter on the blue and 5 shades darker on the silver,,it looked like it did`nt even go on my ski,,,the dealer tok it back (refund) so now what?
    dont yamaha have did`nt warehouses they pull orders from?
    i was thinking maybe these were just a newer batch,i tried to figure out what warehouse it came from so i could maybe find some darker blue ones to match my ski but did`nt have any luck,,,any ideas what to do?,,does yamaha have a customer service number?
    That sucks, I was going to buy some numbers from yamaha for my tag last summer. Found them instock at my dealer so I look at them and compared them to an 2004 like mine. Totally different color blue. WTF is yamaha thinking? I have no clue, I don't even them they sell a ski with that color blue!

+1
    These are the 2 side decals Boats.net sent me for my 03.The one up top is the right colors and had a manf. date of 2004.
    The bottom, only about 4 shades of orange off and looks like it was done on an inkjet printer.Manf date on tube,2006
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP00593.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	28787   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP00594.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	28788  

Wow, that is off big time!

Go to exotic and get some real decals..lol

+1
    thats about how different the blue was on my decal,,yamaha must be having a different company make them ,,the only way i see to get all of them to match is to buy a complete new set,,and then they want match the blue on the cowling and dash,,thats one thing i can honestly say about kawasaki,,i ordered a stripe for a 1996 1100zxi last year and it matched perfect,,a 10 year old ski!!!!go figure

Angry

Here is what I got. One f'n decal out of the 6 does not even match and they sent me 3 more wrong so I cant even do nada with them.

About to send them all back

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28095

+1
    now i know theres a problem with yamaha and there graphics,,i was hopeing mine was a fluke of some kind but after seeing all of these other decals.WOW!!!!! exotic signs may be a good idea,,i just love the stock look though.one thing i did notice is all of us with messed up decals are on the east coast so our decals probably came from the Atlanta Georgia warehouse,,if i order one from parker yamaha it will come from the west coast,,im going to take a chance on that monday the decal i need is around $20.00 so its not that big of a loss if it dont match>
    Last edited by jeff007; 06-22-2007 at 11:07 PM.

Arrow

I had to make my own graphic. I used the one from below the waterline, then cut it and added a GPR sticker from another one and this is what the result:

Thread Information