Thread: Ultra 250 oil

+1

Ultra 250 oil

I am going to be changing the oil in the Ultra and I was wondering if anyone could share what kind of oil they are using. I was thinking about 10-40 amsoil synthetic but I only have 16 hrs on the ski so i was going to wait until about 25 hrs to go synthetic. Also any other ideas on this subject would help. I have also noticed a little oil around the tube entering the air box, and I plan on cleaning that up. The ski still has the break in oil in it. I appreciate any help.

+1

hundreds of posts

do a search on this forum for Mobil 1 and you'll see it
    has been covered to death.......
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/search.php?searchid=354722

I use Mobil 15/50w extended performance designed for turbo
    and supercharged engines. Full Syn, $30/case of six at Costco

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    For grins, i will reply to this well covered topic simply to post what oil i currently use and why only.

I currently use 10w-40 Castrol 4T, petroleum based. It meets the specs to the tee. It's also $3 -$4 per qt, which really means to me that i can change my oil more often.

If i ever switch to synthetic, Mobil 1 will be my choice unless amsoil rep can send me wholesale pricing info without making me hunt for it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    For grins, i will reply to this well covered topic simply to post what oil i currently use and why only.

I currently use 10w-40 Castrol 4T, petroleum based. It meets the specs to the tee. It's also $3 -$4 per qt, which really means to me that i can change my oil more often.

If i ever switch to synthetic, Mobil 1 will be my choice unless amsoil rep can send me wholesale pricing info without making me hunt for it.
    Pm sent on pricing for the 10w-40 Marine Oil.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post

I did not know the 4T was available here in the US. See I learn something new every day

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDome View Post
    I am going to be changing the oil in the Ultra and I was wondering if anyone could share what kind of oil they are using. I was thinking about 10-40 amsoil synthetic but I only have 16 hrs on the ski so i was going to wait until about 25 hrs to go synthetic. Also any other ideas on this subject would help. I have also noticed a little oil around the tube entering the air box, and I plan on cleaning that up. The ski still has the break in oil in it. I appreciate any help.
    Have you done a leakdown test on the ski yet? That will tell you when your rings are seated and when you can switch. This is the AMSOIL I would recommend. 10W-40 AMSOIL Synthetic Marine Oil http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo=367509&page=storefront/wcf

Thread Information